New Member - Advice?

bjkirby2000

Okay, I've been on the forum for a couple of days and almost resigned after finding all the negative threads. Finally, I found a post from a member who loves his airline job enough to post a video at flight level of the sunrise. I'm certain this forum is like most. You can find anything you're looking for "positive or negative".

The advice I'm looking for is regarding the next step. I've been flying for 27 years and at 47 I have 2,650 hours SEL (100 night, 750 XC, 75 Instrument). I recently acquired my MEI ticket and commercial ratings. Now, how's the best way to get some Multi time. From what I can find, all the minimums list more than my 30 hours multi. Ideally, I'd like to find a sales job that requires.... I know - I know, there is no room for "ideally" for the first 30 years. I'll do whatever it takes-I just can't come off of anymore money for buying time. I'll sleep in a tent or under the wing of my minplane somewhere. What's next, Captain

I wouldn't recommend starting out a post with a request for help with a "stab" at the community.

However, your times are good and I would suggest applying for somewhere like Ameriflight or network your way into a multi-engine single-pilot freight job.

I'd look for a 135 freight job. There are ton's of people on this forum that could help you.

Back