New Boeing 737 and 757 replacement news!

Maximilian_Jenius

Super User
http://finance.yahoo.com/news/boeing-plans-develop-airplane-replace-170544761.html

ABU DHABI (Reuters) - Boeing Co (BA.N) has sketched out plans to develop an all-new aircraft, with new engines and likely a composite structure, to replace its 737 MAX jetliner by 2030, Chief Executive Officer Jim McNerney said on Wednesday.

The airplane will be slightly larger than the 737 but its shape won't change dramatically from the current fuselage. The push for the new aircraft was being driven by competition from China and elsewhere, he said at an innovation summit.

http://mobile.bloomberg.com/news/20...s-airbus-jet-aimed-at-boeing-757-s-niche.html

Boeing has been studying designing a new jetliner that could fly 4,000-nautical mile missions, Chief Executive Officer Jim McNerney told investors in May, without committing to a plane.

The jet would borrow from the 737, Boeing’s best-selling narrow-body, as well as the larger, composite-plastic 787 Dreamliner, while filling the size gap between the two aircraft families. A high-density version of the 737 Max will seat 200 people, while the 787-8 seats 242.

This is in response to the NEO-LR. I'm sure this has been on the drawing boards for a long time at Boeing but they were forced into announcing it with the new NEO announcement.

For the love of God we just need to get on with the whole blended wing design thing already, way more efficient over traditional tube designs.
Only problem I can think of with this is the likely need to retrofit every commercial airport in the world for such a design. Terminals, jetways, taxiways ect ect would all need rebuilt.

This is in response to the NEO-LR. I'm sure this has been on the drawing boards for a long time at Boeing but they were forced into announcing it with the new NEO announcement.
Isn't the LR supposed to come out around 2018??? This article says the B737/757 replacement would be in 2030?

Isn't the LR supposed to come out around 2018??? This article says the B737/757 replacement would be in 2030?

Yes. But they have to show that they are doing something. This was a marketing announcement, not an engineering announcement.

I see. Boeing should of just came out with a blended 737/757 replacement instead of the max with 787 technology. I get it though, maximize profits.

Instead of bigger and longer let's go....bigger, longer, faster. I know taking it slow is fine when you're just learning and building experience...but if you're a pro go fast and get em where they're going. I'm talking about supersonic 737 max....

I'm talking about supersonic 737 max....

I'm going to ignore the 737 part and just drool over the SST part.

I really wish Boeing would have made this:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415335090.835502.jpg

Although I also would have loved to see Boeing follow through with this SST back in the day too:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1415335144.265891.jpg

757 cannot do the mission that the 727 currently flies in the freight world.

The aircraft sits too high and cannot be loaded by a standard forklift.

The aircraft requires external air stairs, which a lot of airfields won't have and it is too high to use ladder on.

The aircraft requires external air stairs, which a lot of airfields won't have and it is too high to use ladder on.

When did United start loading passengers and bags via forklift?

Just being technical man, according to Boeing. The 757 is the 727 replacement.

Back