Networking Dress Code

ComplexHiAv8r

What is the proper dress code for the networking event since we will be having recruiters there? I was asked by a pilot, and I asked another with no real answer.

At the Palms event it was separate and professional attire was worn. Suit/shirt&tie. The network was more casual.

As this year it's just the networking event (combined) I think it would be more on the casual side but I know pilots want to be properly dressed. I said the adage you only have one chance to make a first impression. I would rather be overdressed then underdressed.

Thoughts?

Eh, this obviously isn't an official opinion. But anyone showing up in suit and tie will, more than likely, be tarred and feathered. The whole idea behind NJC is that it's DIFFERENT than any other job fair. This is a casual environment where people get to meet one another and network as normal people....not a bunch of stiffs in suits.
Obviously wear whatever you want; however, business casual is generally the way most dress.

It's always business casual at the networking event. A few guys wear a sports coat, and if you're one of the guys looking to make connections to get a job, that's a good way to make yourself stand out in a good way, in my opinion. Don't wear a tie, though. You'll look very out of place.

I would say go for a Tuxedo over a suit. It's unique and you'll stand out. Can't knock points for double professional attire.

Last couple years I've worn an aloha shirt with airplanes on it. Too much? I was hit up and thought I better ask just to make sure. I saw suits at OSH talking to regionals.

It's a networking event that ends up being a trip out for breakfast in the end with @Kristie giving TMI at a Denny's. 8)

The good olde days.

I would say go for a Tuxedo over a suit. It's unique and you'll stand out. Can't knock points for double professional attire.

So the Andy tucked shirt or the T Pain untucked look?
lonely-island-t-pain-boat.jpg

I think the Hat would be a nice touch too

What is the proper dress code for the networking event since we will be having recruiters there? I was asked by a pilot, and I asked another with no real answer.

At the Palms event it was separate and professional attire was worn. Suit/shirt&tie. The network was more casual.

As this year it's just the networking event (combined) I think it would be more on the casual side but I know pilots want to be properly dressed. I said the adage you only have one chance to make a first impression. I would rather be overdressed then underdressed.

Thoughts?

Business casual, it's a networking event and not a career fair.

i really wanna bring my shorts and flip flops
bring your shorts n flip flops for anything but the event. ;)

business casual are the words, could be a nice pair of jeans with button down shirt and/or sport jacket, could be a nice pair of slacks with collared shirt....we don't suggest ties ( but if youre comfortable that way, wear one) and certainly no suits or like Cruise said, prepared to be derg's sarcastic comedy line for the night haha :)

theres really no dress code for the ladies. theyll look nice in whatever they wear. however "dress to impress" is always nice because...VEGAS! ;)

Back