"Telling Your Story"

I just recently started volunteering at my local aviation museum. It's twice a month for 4 hours giving tours of a 707 cockpit. It looks good for the resume and I also enjoy it. I also play guitar at church every week. I'd like to get involved at my company this year either doing some sort of safety committee or pilot mentoring. I have a lot of free time. Might as well do something useful!

PM me if you want to get involved with some union stuff. I can use the help on my committee.

Some people believe as Captain you've earned the privilege to never do walk arounds again.
I would hope guys don't feel like that, but the captain not doing the walk around when he's PM don't bother me. I need the fresh air and the opportunity to stretch my legs anyway.

Good advice. But the question does say current organizations. Even though I'm not in ALPA anymore, I was involved with ALPA work and put it down anyway. Then I explained the details of what I did in the following questions. I did have OBAP, but yeah...the only reason I signed up was to go to the job fair. Even before seeing this thread, I had a feeling if you put OBAP/WIA, the interview is going to ask...So what kind of things have done for OBAP?

I had to put some sort of fictional airline there.

#Triggered! :)

Are you guilty? :)

Seriously, some guys simply cut and paste their dexriotions, typographical errors and all.

99s..
Babysit and shoot chit with a buddy while the female womens decide on where to paint the next wind rose.
Flight in was kinda fun though and so was the USMC toys collection event preceding the said meeting.
Also got to chat with a woman who flies gyro on floats. That thing looked fun, albeit it doesn't go anywhere in a hurry.
Lesson learned - hit a massive rotor landing on home runway in own airplane, touched down at full takeoff power, don't get complacent. Oh, and 99s meetings are generally boring and "hangar flying" in a shade at glider port will yield better stories.

I think @Derg's point here is to be who you are, and not try to be whom you think the airline wants you to be. Aviation is a prominent facet of my life, but it's not the only facet. I am involved in other things, as I suspect most of you are. If you are a member of a professional aviation organization, why? Is it because you want to contribute to the success that organization's mission? Or is it just because you think it looks good on a resume?

Back