NetJets opens pilot application window

Here is my writeup for day two:

So it looks like 8 or 9 out of 12 were called. Everyone I met that was interviewing seemed very nice, very professional. The ONLY things I can see with regard to not getting the sim call was that 2 out of the 3 guys seemed very nervous. In fact one guy after not getting the call almost went ballistic in the hotel lobby, to the point of it being very awkward. If nerves and any type of that behavior shined through in the interview process, that would be my only guess as to why they were not selected for day two. Also, two out of the 3 guys (didn't talk to the third guy) did not have 135 time. That being said there were guys that were current 121 that got the call to continue to day 2.

You will fly the Challenger 650 sim in the new building across the street from NJA. The only way that would change is if that sim breaks, as it is the only sim in the new building. They give you a packet on day 1 that has some basic profiles, checklist and callouts. I didn't keep the packet (accidentally left it in my hotel room after the sim) but there really isn't anything that getting this packet ahead of time would do for anyone. The callouts are pretty standard to 135 and jets so unless you have no part 25 jet time, you will be just fine. They explain the profile beforehand, and everything is very clearly laid out and planned before you enter the sim. The Collins unit and the avionics suite in the 650 will be very familiar to guys with Proline 21 experience. I had no experience with the Honeywell FMS and Collins stuff so the sim tech said he would program everything and set it up accordingly if I asked. They are not there to trip you up on programming or anything like that. They are checking to see if you can fly an airplane, your CRM ability, and your ability to work with the "owner" in the back. I flew first, and my profile was as follows:

- Depart White Plains on the SID (destination is PHL)
- Heading vector and altitude climb
- Steep turns (standard 135/ATP profile on this)
- Cleared direct fix on flight plan route
- Owner requests a change to land in LGA (handle this in both a customer service manor, and as crew flying wise)
- ILS into LGA and a missed.

Once I went missed we were given a heading an altitude, once I leveled off they paused the sim and that was the end of my session. We swapped seats and the second profile was as follows:

- Depart White Plains on the SID (destination is PHL)
- Heading vector and altitude climb
- Steep turns (standard 135/ATP profile on this)
- Cleared direct fix on flight plan route
- Owner requests to land in TEB
- Vectors to ILS in TEB
- Inside the FAF, all nav data and the FD disappeared with a visual warning. Executed the missed and was given a heading and altitude. At that point it was paused and that was the end of the session.

It was a wonderful experience to interview there. I didn't meet a single person that was anything less than 100% curious and welcoming. They want to hire you, they want you to be there, and they gave me the impression that they were excited to have me there, and sell me on the idea of coming to NetJets.

Good luck to all who interview!

I sounded like the lowest time guy. guys had 5,000+ hours, some 121, most 135 guys. Most had recs, I did not.

Email said that my application would "be on file for 12 months." Does that mean keep updating and we will look at application updates?

Ok, @Blue Side Up @adk I finally received some information regarding this. From my brief interaction with them, It looks like HR would prefer that you not apply unless you meet the minimums as it sounds like the computer sorts through the applications and kicks out the ones that don't qualify. I'm not sure of the inner workings, but it sounds like once this occurs your application goes into limbo and remains 'on file' and update-able, but not actively being looked at for the 12 month period since it's already been kicked out.

My suggestion would be to continue to update your profile/application, and once you hit the 250 hour minimum, send me a PM. I may be able to contact someone in HR to change it back to 'active' so it can be reviewed by the borg again.

Hope this helps!

That is a huge help NightCargo, thank you so much!!! Sending many karma points your way!!! Let me know when you make it to KAPA and I can take you out for a drink or something if I am not flying. Thanks again

Ok, @Blue Side Up @adk I finally received some information regarding this. From my brief interaction with them, It looks like HR would prefer that you not apply unless you meet the minimums as it sounds like the computer sorts through the applications and kicks out the ones that don't qualify. I'm not sure of the inner workings, but it sounds like once this occurs your application goes into limbo and remains 'on file' and update-able, but not actively being looked at for the 12 month period since it's already been kicked out.

My suggestion would be to continue to update your profile/application, and once you hit the 250 hour minimum, send me a PM. I may be able to contact someone in HR to change it back to 'active' so it can be reviewed by the borg again.

Hope this helps!

I really appreciate the offer @NightCargo ! I guess I'm going to be the only guy in the country flying an RJ in foggles.

I really appreciate the offer @NightCargo ! I guess I'm going to be the only guy in the country flying an RJ in foggles.

Gotta get it 0.1 at a time. I'm still sitting 25.4 hours short...I might start having to convince captains to fly altitudes in the clouds, screw turbulence!

Back