SkyLens Aerial Imaging - Immediate opening

pilotbry

SkyLens is a photogrammetric contractor for EagleView/Pictometry. We have an immediate opening for a Cessna 172 imaging pilot due to a sudden health issue with a current pilot. Please note: This will require the ability to pack up and head for training in the next 2-4 days. Training will likely be in Louisiana, or Florida.

Minimum Requirements:
21 years of age or over
250 hrs total time in aircraft (not sim). 10 hrs C172.
US citizen or permanent resident(green card)
FAA issued Single Engine Land Commercial pilot certificate (although, you'll need a Multi and some significant twin time to be competitive)
IFR rated and competent
Class 2 or 1 Medical Certificate
Able to read, write and speak clear English
Cell phone with texting capability
Portable computer or device capable of running Microsoft Excel
(There are no exceptions to these requirements)

Job basics:
5 month minimum contract with company option to extend to 7 months - 100% travel in 48 states. No hard time off but plenty of short days and down days for wx and mx. You must be free of any known obligations and be able to remain on the road for the entire length of contract. Possible upgrade to Piper Aztec at some point.

Cessna 172 pilot pay: $55 each calendar day for first 90 days then $60. $30 per diem every calendar day. Escalating monthly production bonus based on hours flown each month
Piper Aztec pilot pay: $60/day first 90 days then $65. $30 per diem every calendar day. DOUBLE escalating monthly production bonus based on hours flown each month
Top C172 monthly pilot bonus this past season was $1,062. Top Aztec pilot bonus this past season was $1,738. The more you fly, the more you make.

Company paid single occupancy hotel rooms and rental cars
Health Insurance Reimbursement Program (HIRP): - Company reimburses you for a portion of your qualifying health insurance premiums.
Paid as W2 Employee - not 1099 contractor
Possibilities exist for extending season out to 9,10,11 months per year
Pay raises for pilots returning for the following season

The process:
I do not take phone calls for job inquiries or make timely responses to private messages. If you have questions, please ask in this forum.
Here's the link to our employment page: http://www.skylensaerial.com/pilot-employment.html
Follow the directions EXACTLY to submit your resume and cover letter or yours could be lost in the black hole of my many email boxes. Qualified candidates will receive an email back from me with a pilot info sheet/ application in MS Excel format, to fill out and return. If interested, I'll be in contact via email or phone. If you get a call from a 985 area code you should pick up.

Thanks!!!!

Bryan Porter - Director of Flight Operations

I started my flying career at a picto company after reading a thread on JC. I only wish Skylens was around back then, as everyone I know that's worked there speaks very highly of their experience

If your low time and want a job I'd be jumping all over this. Skylens is one of the better AI jobs around and I've always heard good things from their pilots about Bryan.

I work for one of the other picto vendors and can honestly say skylens and the company I work for are the best when it comes to pay and equipment. If you are looking for a way to get time fast don’t wait to apply.

Back