NetJets opens pilot application window

I am wondering if they build in the value loss from having a smoking aircraft when they go to sell it...

I've heard there are quite a few "old" pilots at EJA, i.e. 60+, any truth to this? While there is no mandatory retirement age at EJA, most likely they will retire in the next few years. Is that factored into the estimated upgrade time, which I've heard is 7-10 years?

You have 200 or so guys over 65 probably. Many of them are FOs though. NJ picked up a lot of retired 121 guys back in 07/08. Guess the grey hair makes passengers feel comfortable. The company is still 73 percent Captains right now because while the company is allowed to furlough the language to downgrade is much trickier. So for there to be any upgrades there needs to be significant Captain attrition. Upgrades will probably push 10 years for anyone hired today. Just my guess

You have 200 or so guys over 65 probably. Many of them are FOs though. NJ picked up a lot of retired 121 guys back in 07/08. Guess the grey hair makes passengers feel comfortable. The company is still 73 percent Captains right now because while the company is allowed to furlough the language to downgrade is much trickier. So for there to be any upgrades there needs to be significant Captain attrition. Upgrades will probably push 10 years for anyone hired today. Just my guess

Good info, thanks.

With so many majors hiring, do you think there will be an increase in captains leaving? Say what you will about the airlines, there is a lot more money to be made there vs NetJets.

Most FOs are applying at the majors but a lot of them lack turbine PIC. Depending on age most of the captains will stay put at NJ. We have been losing about 10 a month. 50/50 split between Captains and SICs roughly. Some retirements, some finding greener pastures.

Good info, thanks.

With so many majors hiring, do you think there will be an increase in captains leaving? Say what you will about the airlines, there is a lot more money to be made there vs NetJets.

I think there will be, as I know a few personally that have apps out, but I don't think there will be enough hired by the airlines from Netjets to make a significant dent. We still have a decent number of guys that have a TWA/AA recall number, and they are waiting to see what the new AA contract will bring. There is more money to be had at the majors, but it depends on your age & commuting situation.

I believe upgrade for a new hire is still going to take a long time. We have a TON of guys in the 40-50 year age range, so after the 65+ guys start leaving, there will be a lot of younger PIC blood still there.

I think there will be, as I know a few personally that have apps out, but I don't think there will be enough hired by the airlines from Netjets to make a significant dent. We still have a decent number of guys that have a TWA/AA recall number, and they are waiting to see what the new AA contract will bring. There is more money to be had at the majors, but it depends on your age & commuting situation.

I believe upgrade for a new hire is still going to take a long time. We have a TON of guys in the 40-50 year age range, so after the 65+ guys start leaving, there will be a lot of younger PIC blood still there.
Yes, thank you for keeping this thread relevant and going! We really do appreciate the good info...
The real question still remains. If a person was going to accept the upgrade time, how is life looking (in the near future) for a ten year FO?
In other words, any new news in the "talks"?
Cheers man!

Yes, thank you for keeping this thread relevant and going! We really do appreciate the good info...
The real question still remains. If a person was going to accept the upgrade time, how is life looking (in the near future) for a ten year FO?
In other words, any new news in the "talks"?
Cheers man!

Unfortunately I haven't heard any rumblings as of late, but I also haven't been able to attend any of the conference call updates that are held by the negotiating committee. So I guess....status quo for now.

If I were a new hire, I would plan on living on the current CBA pay for at least a few years. Hopefully a nice pay bump after that.

I am wondering the same thing. With as many applications they probably have received maybe it is a way to narrow down the amount of people to interview?

I just got a TBNT email so I guess no news is good news if you've applied at NJA.

Looks like the first newhires are currently in class. 3 to the XL, and one to the Hawker 800. Glad to see some new blood on the property!

Just got the TBNT email as well. Had 220 actual with 3500 total and 800 TPIC. Do people count actual instrument time at 41,000 ft above overcast layers?!?!

Email said that my application would "be on file for 12 months." Does that mean keep updating and we will look at application updates?

Wanted to jump in and share my interview experience.

I am done with day 1, waiting for the call on whether or not I have made it to the simulator portion of the interview. There are 12 people total, with 6 that do the morning interview, and 6 that do the afternoon. The overall feeling of the interview process, is that they just want to get to know you. We arrived at 0800 and were greeted by a couple of employees and put into a room where we were given a presentation on the history of NetJets. Very interesting information and laid back. After that, groups of 2 were pulled upstairs, then put in different rooms for the Q&A portion of the interview process. There were 3 people conducting the interview, a line pilot, and 2 management officials. They made sure you felt very relaxed, and did nothing to make me feel any pressure or nervousness. The questions were mostly TMAAT in nature, with a few questions similar to "why NetJets?" and "why should we hire you?" No technical questions what so ever. Once that concluded we went back downstairs and we were given a tour of the facility. It is an extremely impressive operation, I truly realized why NetJets is in a league of their own. After the tour, we had lunch, and watched another video which basically outlined the mission of NetJets. The morning group was released around 1230. We were told to expect a call sometime this evening on whether or not we will be doing the simulator portion. I wasn't in the room to observe everyones interviews, but I will say that my fellow pilots who were interviewing were very friendly, and dressed professional. In my opinion, we all earned a call to return tomorrow, but we shall see!

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask or PM me, I will try to help.

Just got the TBNT email as well. Had 220 actual with 3500 total and 800 TPIC. Do people count actual instrument time at 41,000 ft above overcast layers?!?!

Email said that my application would "be on file for 12 months." Does that mean keep updating and we will look at application updates?

I'm not sure what that means. Give me a few days and I will see what I can find out.

Back