nervous, not feeling great

stickks

So here I am, enjoying my new career working for Mesa, and doing well I think. Now as it turns out, as everyone knows, we are losing a big chunk of our United contract, which means alot of cutbacks, probably quite a few dispatchers being layed off. So do I just sit back, and wait, or do I be proactive and start sending out resumes? I have one other regional interested in me.

Send out resumes!!!!

You haver to cover your own hide! Gotta look out for numero uno!

by the way, how did you get your dispatch license?

Thanks a lot and good luck!!

Send out resumes. Since you've got some experience now, even if it's not a lot, you'll stand out ahead of the pack when regionals are hiring and they get resumes from people fresh out of school with no experience. I think Skywest is hiring and they have a good operation if you can stand living in Utah. SEND SEND SEND! It's always better to have non-rev benefits when you're looking for a job...I speak from experience here...and if you get an offer you don't like you can always say "No."

Employers, overall, are no longer loyal to employees in any terms. So, why would the employee be loyal to the employer? If you think they'll let you go sometime in the future, I don't care if it's 2 months or 10 years, send out resumes! It's much more normal now to have a few jobs in 5 years as pay, benefits, and job security have decreased. Make sure you can pay your bills.

Send them out. This is just my opinion, no matter what career field you are in, you stay proficient in your job why not stay proficient in what openings are available?

Send send send

SKW has gotten 150 resumes for their class of 4 that they are hiring for right now...

Especially with YV, for when JO needs to, he'll drop half his staff like a bad habit...

Send send send

SKW has gotten 150 resumes for their class of 4 that they are hiring for right now...

Especially with YV, for when JO needs to, he'll drop half his staff like a bad habit...

so I heard. I might have a interview with skw. What should i expect on a interview with them? I really like working and living in Phoenix, but I have to be proactive just in case, you know?

Employers, overall, are no longer loyal to employees in any terms. So, why would the employee be loyal to the employer? If you think they'll let you go sometime in the future, I don't care if it's 2 months or 10 years, send out resumes! It's much more normal now to have a few jobs in 5 years as pay, benefits, and job security have decreased. Make sure you can pay your bills.

sad but true :(

Stickks, just an FYI.

If you still need to get to DFW on a regular basis, that is going to be alot harder in SGU. I believe skywest only has 2 flights a day between SLC and SGU.

Now I realize a job is better than no job. But just something to think about.

PSA's website in Dayton still shows them wanting dispatchers.
PHONE: (937) 454-1116

Sorry to hear about that Stickks. Unfortunately if you have been in aviation long enough this is no surprise. Keep your resume current all the time. I do and I have over 25 yrs in this industry. Also if you are new I know this may not apply to you but networking worked very well for me after I lost my career. Good luck to you.....

Back