My Rant On Sportys

I just wish that when you bought something that was out of stock, they wouldn't wait five days and then send you a letter in the mail. It would be much more convenient if they put it on the website. I tried to buy some Zulus from them only to get a letter almost a week later saying they were backordered and should ship in about two weeks. In the words of Adam Sandler, "information that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!"

You bought a headset, used it, 7-8 months later you wanted to send it back? Sorry but that's not how it works.

No case with a lawyer either, you received it brand new and unopened and want to return it used almost a year later

:yeahthat:

If it's not in a condition where the merchant can resell it, most of them will not take it back. Period.

And why should they? They are not a charity, they are a business.

If you don't like something from the get go, then return it and get your money back. Don't hold on to it for months and then complain when they say, okay, we fixed it for you and no, we are not refunding your money.

If you go to Macy's, buy a shirt, try it on at home and then wait for eight months before you try to return it, they'll tell you no deal.

So why should Sporty's be any different?

New is new and refurbished must be declared as such when sold.

There was something recently on the American Greed series on CNBC about a guy who bought refurbished computers and sold them to a school district as new.

He committed all sorts of other fraudulent activities as well.

Selling something that's been refurbished as a new product is fraud.

Boy, I bet these responses aren't what the OP expected. Reminds me of the thread regarding someone expecting to receive special treatment on a flight because she was a student pilot. :rolleyes:

i would love to see that thread. it was probably flame bait though.

No pile-diving on someone who's not here to defend herself anymore. (She's not banned or anything, she left of her own accord....)

But I will admit that I did go search for it and read it again....... old times' sake.....

I wish her well, and I think it was a learning experience. :)

It's a shame she's not on JC anymore. I talked to her a while back and she seemed very smart.

If a product doesn't work, you return it immediately, not wait nearly a year. If I were Sporty's, I would also have refused the exchange request.

I just wish that when you bought something that was out of stock, they wouldn't wait five days and then send you a letter in the mail. It would be much more convenient if they put it on the website. I tried to buy some Zulus from them only to get a letter almost a week later saying they were backordered and should ship in about two weeks. In the words of Adam Sandler, "information that could have been brought to my attention YESTERDAY!"

I know! I ordered a handheld radio a few weeks ago. They sent me an invoice saying "back order." I called them and they said it wouldn't be in stock for until the second week of July (over a month later). I cancelled the order and got the radio somewhere else the same week.

A week later I got the "Sorry, your product is back ordered" from Sporty's!

I cancelled the order and got the radio somewhere else the same week.

A week later I got the "Sorry, your product is back ordered" from Sporty's!

Did they also send another catalog with the letter ... y'know, just in case? :crazy:

No pile-diving on someone who's not here to defend herself anymore. (She's not banned or anything, she left of her own accord....)

But I will admit that I did go search for it and read it again....... old times' sake.....

I wish her well, and I think it was a learning experience. :)

Was that for me? If so then no pile-diving here. She went out all shinny and new (in my book). Just wondering what she is doing now? Anyone?:)

They get the refurbed anyways and sell them as new. Just like every other business out there.

Well, I know from working customer service that anything that came back opened, used or not, was sold as open box. Some things like head phones were not put back on the shelves. Some were sent back to the manufacturer, we lost money,others were thrown out, at a total loss.

Walmart gives 90 days on most items. I have ordered a hell of a lot of stuff from them and have returned a few items overall i'm happy with the level of service i get from them. BTW 2nd day shipping is the bomb.

Was that for me? If so then no pile-diving here. She went out all shinny and new (in my book). Just wondering what she is doing now? Anyone?:)

Oh no, not aimed at you at all. Just kind of a general note so that people didn't start slamming her or anything. No big deal.

Well that says a lot. What business was this? I guess that's why you refer to it in the past tense. :rolleyes:
I was in high school when i did this and I wanted to concentrate on college and become a pilot. It had nothing to do with how well the business did. In fact I didn't have to do any other jobs besides that. They were not technically refurbed, but remanufactured. Kind of like a 0 time engine from the manufacturer.

I would also like to add that I was totally not rude to any of the people at sportys. I was just discussing that the wording of the 1 year guarantee could be changed to avoid problems for them in the future.

I was in high school when i did this and I wanted to concentrate on college and become a pilot. It had nothing to do with how well the business did. In fact I didn't have to do any other jobs besides that. They were not technically refurbed, but remanufactured. Kind of like a 0 time engine from the manufacturer.

\

Remanufactured does not make it any better, if it is not new, it is not to be sold as new.

Back