My Rant On Sportys

Remanufactured does not make it any better, if it is not new, it is not to be sold as new.

As far as something being remanned it has to have a disclosure sticker attached to the product also who ever selling it has to let the customer know that its a remanned item. The problem is a lot of companies that do have remanned equipment will still sell it for new. Buyer Beware situation.

All my transactions with Sporty's have been professional and top notch...one of the best places to do online transactions for aviation related purchases in my opinion.

And I love those cockpit posters :)

As far as something being remanned it has to have a disclosure sticker attached to the product also who ever selling it has to let the customer know that its a remanned item. The problem is a lot of companies that do have remanned equipment will still sell it for new. Buyer Beware situation.

Something like that happened for me at Crew Outfitters. I received a shirt from them opened the package up and the only way I would have know it was opened and worn before was the receipt of a previous buyer was in it with a return explanation from them saying it was too small around the neck. Most of the time the only way to know that something was remaned is the packaging. Not that a shirt can be remaned. Otherwise the product will work the same and no one will know the difference.

I take back EVERYTHING I said about Sportys. They just gave me a call today saying they would not mind at all if I used the return as a credit towards a new pair.:rawk:

I find universally that a pilots total time is inversely proportional to their annual Sporty's bill.

I find universally that a pilots total time is inversely proportional to their annual Sporty's bill.

Even though i'm a student pilot I have spent a good 1000 bucks easily at sportys. My flight bag is complete and I don't think I have to buy another item again atleast for a long time or until something cool comes out.

They probably looked at my 7 years of bills from them and said "hey we've made a hell of a lot of money off of this guy. Why stop now?"

Anyone got one of those "will I be in that cloud" sites?

They couldn't possibly have sold one, ever, could they?

-mini

Even though i'm a student pilot I have spent a good 1000 bucks easily at sportys. My flight bag is complete and I don't think I have to buy another item again atleast for a long time or until something cool comes out.

Exactly. INVERSELY proportional. Meaning the more total time you have, the less money you spend at sporty's.

Isn't this illegal?

If not, it should be.

Isn't this illegal?

If not, it should be.

I'm not sure if it is illegal it is a buyer beware situation. I have been in very high-end consumer electronics for years and have seen this happen with competitors. I guess its a common practice to get a remanned item rip off the factory disclosure and sell it for new.

I'm not sure if it is illegal it is a buyer beware situation. I have been in very high-end consumer electronics for years and have seen this happen with competitors. I guess its a common practice to get a remanned item rip off the factory disclosure and sell it for new.

Wow, so much for ethics.

However, I figure that if you remanufacture it at least that's different than just taking something that someone used and putting it back out there.

It's one thing to do that with clothes that someone tried on at home and then brought back but it's another thing to do that with electronic equipment.

I take back EVERYTHING I said about Sportys. They just gave me a call today saying they would not mind at all if I used the return as a credit towards a new pair.:rawk:

You'll probably even win the airplane this year too! :laff:

Back