more Ameriflight....

Good news for who? I just lost my run and lifestyle out of MQY because someone thinks all that volume can get out on a smaller aircraft. Sure the weight will fly on something smaller, but the bulk, not so much... Now tell me how that is good?

IDK why they just wouldn't leave you guys there. Now AMF is going to have 3 planes in MQY *facepalm* I think the metro can only get 50 bags and 4 printers

Good news for who? I just lost my run and lifestyle out of MQY because someone thinks all that volume can get out on a smaller aircraft. Sure the weight will fly on something smaller, but the bulk, not so much... Now tell me how that is good?

Yeah it goes around its happened to me to.

Being as value-neutral as I can be, I'd say that AMF taking still more UPS routes isn't good news for anyone in the 135 headache. When competition takes a hit, so do we. We're developing our own SJS.

Being as value-neutral as I can be, I'd say that AMF taking still more UPS routes isn't good news for anyone in the 135 headache. When competition takes a hit, so do we. We're developing our own SJS.

The day boxes are flown in anything shiney...

In all seriousness last year was really tough on all pilots and it's really hard for a guy that hasn't had a flying job in 12 months (or more) to turn back any job.

It was UPS's decision from what I understand. They are still using those ACC aircraft on new runs out of the carribeans and phx or somwhere out west. I can totally understands MSUdawgs frustration. Being displaced sucks!

I think the carribean stuff is FedEx....From what I understand, Phoenix are the new ones for UPS, with everything being outstation based. Anywho, I just really dont see how 3 of yalls airplanes is cheaper than one Shorts. Oh, and Saturday mornings going to TYS, that should be interesting too.....

I know it'll be your 30th move John, but seriously, move to Nashville....It rocks...

The day boxes are flown in anything shiney...

In all seriousness last year was really tough on all pilots and it's really hard for a guy that hasn't had a flying job in 12 months (or more) to turn back any job.

Don't get me wrong, I've been right where you are, hoping AMF would call. It's not even really about AMF except insofar as they represent the end to meaningful competition. Naturally, when there are fewer games in town, wages go down.

I think the carribean stuff is FedEx....From what I understand, Phoenix are the new ones for UPS, with everything being outstation based. Anywho, I just really dont see how 3 of yalls airplanes is cheaper than one Shorts. Oh, and Saturday mornings going to TYS, that should be interesting too.....

I know it'll be your 30th move John, but seriously, move to Nashville....It rocks...

I'm sure I have ran into you in TYS. Something is fishy about TYS on sat mornings. There is going to be 2 99s and a extra metro sitting in sdf all week or something like that. And they still don't have any idea how they are going to get the stuff outta HSV and back fri/sat. But I'm getting BLT'd no more 16 hour duty week with 6 hours of flying. How long of a drive is it from downtown nashville to MQY

Also there is more to come with AMF is SDF from what I'm hearing. The new runs that AMF got have been in the works for the last 18 to 24 months.

OTOH, if AMF gains enough market share, the tail will start waging the dog.

I'm sure I have ran into you in TYS. Something is fishy about TYS on sat mornings. There is going to be 2 99s and a extra metro sitting in sdf all week or something like that. And they still don't have any idea how they are going to get the stuff outta HSV and back fri/sat. But I'm getting BLT'd no more 16 hour duty week with 6 hours of flying. How long of a drive is it from downtown nashville to MQY

About 20-25 minutes.....Traffic sucks in the morning heading home because you are going with traffic but it is worth it....You actually feel like you have a life outside of flying by living somewhere that has a lot going on....I lived in the Belmont/Vandy area which is the midtown/downtown area....It is expensive but worth it....Also check out green hills

Back