more Ameriflight....

I dont see OAK lasting too much longer as a base. They keep loosing the PA31 work, and theyre down to what? 2 99 runs and a metro run? It could almost be run as an outstation once all the PA31's are gone... unless they plan on competing with Martex and Boxer for those UPS runs.

I dont see OAK lasting too much longer as a base. They keep loosing the PA31 work, and theyre down to what? 2 99 runs and a metro run? It could almost be run as an outstation once all the PA31's are gone... unless they plan on competing with Martex and Boxer for those UPS runs.

:scared:

I was living in SJ at the time. 8 am commute would be terrible. and at 8 at night, last thing I wanted to do was drive for another 40 min.

Most people are going to PDX out of training these days. There haven't been too many new faces in OAK. Personally I would rather fly in PDX as it is cheaper living.

In my class we had 1 to pdx, 1 to bur and 1 to phx.

The time served it's purpose. Their were things I loved, hated, and just got by with.

Pros
Vfr in a turbine plane
Time building
Everyone knows who ameriflight is. Does count for street cred in certain circles.
schedule

Cons
Pay
Schedule (depends how you look at it)
Pay
Some policys (4 stripes REALLY THAT NESSASRY?)
pay
Js agreement carrot that dangles

You wear a flight suit now...who ya kidding...you love the attention.
I get it now. It's the standard in this segment of the industry. The monkey suit is standard for airline pilots. Cargo pilots uniform should be.... wait for it..... Cargo shorts.

I get it now. It's the standard in this segment of the industry. The monkey suit is standard for airline pilots. Cargo pilots uniform should be.... wait for it..... Cargo shorts.

So nice showing up to work in cargo shorts/jeans...so nice...

Im not gonna lie. I see the Redding Aero guys show up in Tommy Bahama shirts and shorts. Some guy was even wearing flip flops. Sooooooo nice when we are sweating our butts off in a tie lol.

Im not gonna lie. I see the Redding Aero guys show up in Tommy Bahama shirts and shorts. Some guy was even wearing flip flops. Sooooooo nice when we are sweating our butts off in a tie lol.

Plus, their 402s have sweet avionics, LED lights (not that important, but really, it's the little things) and a few of them seem to have fresh paint. And, uh, having flown a 402 before, I gotta say it's a much nicer flying airplane than the PA31.

Back