more Ameriflight....

Somebody hates you. I am on back on 202 Wednesday, that's my baby. You will be with Marcelo, then maybe me for your training.

I totally understand that...however, if that were the case, I think we covered that pertty well in the phone interview. ONly a little over 500 hrs of 4500+ in a dual crew EFIS bird, I have several hundred single pilot ifr in steam guage planes as well....oh well, like another guy said, maybe for the best. I've just had a tough time finding something...but don't want to give up after all the time and money and sweat I've invested in my career.

Yeah, it's weird. But, there's so much vertical movement happening right now, you're bound to find something. Does that past 121 thing exclude you from the regionals that are hiring right now?

202 tomorrow...weeeeee!!

Enjoy. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the crew apartment up there in Yreka. I flew 202 with Marcelo on Friday. It's not a bad run, but I'd hate to fly it in IMC single pilot- purely because the paperwork and flying airways and approaches would [theoretically] put you WAY behind schedule with each leg. We left Yreka early, flew VFR, and with one guy doing the paperwork and all the couriers actually on time, only managed to get into Oakland within a couple of minutes of our scheduled arrival time.

Seems like it needs to be a 2 pilot run just to stay on schedule. :dunno:

Enjoy. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the crew apartment up there in Yreka. I flew 202 with Marcelo on Friday. It's not a bad run, but I'd hate to fly it in IMC single pilot- purely because the paperwork and flying airways and approaches would [theoretically] put you WAY behind schedule with each leg. We left Yreka early, flew VFR, and with one guy doing the paperwork and all the couriers actually on time, only managed to get into Oakland within a couple of minutes of our scheduled arrival time.

Seems like it needs to be a 2 pilot run just to stay on schedule. :dunno:[/QUOTE]

Sounds like one heck of a learning curve on that run.

I'll let you know about the place, although I already have some pre-conceived notions about you guys describing the meth heads!

Only three guys made it out of sim training in my class and if all goes as planned, we will be PDX based.

Seems like it needs to be a 2 pilot run just to stay on schedule. :dunno:

Give it a little while. Soon you'll be able to have all the work filled out, be eating your turkey sandwich from subway, and reading a magazine while in cruise. The trick to paperwork is to have as much of it filled out as possible in cruise...so that when you land it's already done. It's an art form, but you'll fine your routine and be getting back into base ahead of schedule.

I totally understand that...however, if that were the case, I think we covered that pertty well in the phone interview. ONly a little over 500 hrs of 4500+ in a dual crew EFIS bird, I have several hundred single pilot ifr in steam guage planes as well....oh well, like another guy said, maybe for the best. I've just had a tough time finding something...but don't want to give up after all the time and money and sweat I've invested in my career.

thats too bad. mind sharing what kind of policy you "breached" in your last job? also, if it really wasnt a big deal, keep in touch with SH and you might get a second chance. Might send an email or call after a few months to "check in" Persistence really works at this company, even after your hired ;)

Give it a little while. Soon you'll be able to have all the work filled out, be eating your turkey sandwich from subway, and reading a magazine while in cruise. The trick to paperwork is to have as much of it filled out as possible in cruise...so that when you land it's already done. It's an art form, but you'll fine your routine and be getting back into base ahead of schedule.

Helps when you actually have a working autopilot. Then again, 202 has one in the form of a trainee. The best kind that does everything. Including the paperwork!

Helps when you actually have a working autopilot. Then again, 202 has one in the form of a trainee. The best kind that does everything. Including the paperwork!

pshh after a couple weeks on 202, I could MAKE the freakin turkey sammy, eat it, drink my milk out of a sippy cup, do my paperwork, all while keeping the airplane right side up ;) no autopilot, trainee, or FO...

thats too bad. mind sharing what kind of policy you "breached" in your last job? also, if it really wasnt a big deal, keep in touch with SH and you might get a second chance. Might send an email or call after a few months to "check in" Persistence really works at this company, even after your hired ;)

Sure...policy breach was a work rule violation involving using sick time when I wasn't sick, but reather had a medical issue that temporarily affected my medical status...

pshh after a couple weeks on 202, I could MAKE the freakin turkey sammy, eat it, drink my milk out of a sippy cup, do my paperwork, all while keeping the airplane right side up ;) no autopilot, trainee, or FO...

Ya it's to the point now where if there's somebody in my right seat on 202 it screws me up. I can't listen to music, do the paperwork, eat my chipotle burrito, trim my nails, fly the plane, pop the boots etc. If there is somebody in the right seat screwing my rhythm up.

Ya it's to the point now where if there's somebody in my right seat on 202 it screws me up. I can't listen to music, do the paperwork, eat my chipotle burrito, trim my nails, fly the plane, pop the boots etc. If there is somebody in the right seat screwing my rhythm up.

I certainly don't like anyone sitting on my "work bench"....and I'm in an aircraft that has ton's of space now. :)

Yep. I have had to leave my gas powered blender at home for a month now. The right seat serves as my smoothie bench.

What a snort! I got a grandkid on your tails. You got nothin! 10 years old and he's on your ass already. Better get hot or he'll run you over.

Passed my BE-99 Checkride today. Just in case anyone is wondering, it took me 7 months to get a 99 slot. This is actually a bit long nowadays, there are people here in PDX who are upgrading who don't even have their 6 months. And some other bases are even faster than that. Good luck to all you new guys.

Passed my BE-99 Checkride today. Just in case anyone is wondering, it took me 7 months to get a 99 slot. This is actually a bit long nowadays, there are people here in PDX who are upgrading who don't even have their 6 months. And some other bases are even faster than that. Good luck to all you new guys.

Congrats!

Wow, BE-99 in PDX within 6 months or are they heading to other bases? I thought PDX was really senior for turbine.

Back