more Ameriflight....

Is the indoc test the first day or at the end of the first week?

The end of the first week.

On a positive note, I passed the VCC. Wendel was great to fly with. Headed home tomorrow and maybe start flying with my training captain Thursday. Farewell to the Portofleano!

I did my VCC with Bob over lunch at a Chinese restaurant..talk about awkward! "yeah, but what do you need to lift the wheels off the ground?!"

I did my VCC with Bob over lunch at a Chinese restaurant..talk about awkward! "yeah, but what do you need to lift the wheels off the ground?!"

Is it the one that serves you the free hot and sour soup appetizer? That was some of the best chinese I've ever had! I really miss that place!

The end of the first week.

On a positive note, I passed the VCC. Wendel was great to fly with. Headed home tomorrow and maybe start flying with my training captain Thursday. Farewell to the Portofleano!

Was the Portofino really that bad? It was like royalty compared to the Ratmada when I went through indoc. I'd be surprised if it's changed into that.

Was the Portofino really that bad? It was like royalty compared to the Ratmada when I went through indoc. I'd be surprised if it's changed into that.

It actually wasn't bad... until the fleas were discovered. Yes, fleas. A few people had to move rooms a couple of times. I personally saw 2 fleas, but I think our room was okay compared to some others. I washed all my clothes the minute I got home just to be sure. Can't speak to the Ratmada as I've not stayed there. But that Whispers Cocktail Lounge looks like a classy joint.

It actually wasn't bad... until the fleas were discovered. Yes, fleas. A few people had to move rooms a couple of times. I personally saw 2 fleas, but I think our room was okay compared to some others. I washed all my clothes the minute I got home just to be sure. Can't speak to the Ratmada as I've not stayed there. But that Whispers Cocktail Lounge looks like a classy joint.

Lol... whispers.

What fine cuisine I have missed...

Well I left back in April, but now I'm back for a week or so. I refuse to eat there. The Indian place in downtown Burbank is great for lunch, and there's a little thai place called Arunee house on Alameda that is pretty good. Red Lion in Silver lake is great. Also The Corner Bakery Cafe on San Fernando.

You guys really get fancy with the eatery. During my time we either ate at the Frontier Wok or Panda and called it good. Every once in a while we'd have Jack in the Box or Wendy's and a hint of In and Out. But that was the extent of it. :)

Well I left back in April, but now I'm back for a week or so. I refuse to eat there. The Indian place in downtown Burbank is great for lunch, and there's a little thai place called Arunee house on Alameda that is pretty good. Red Lion in Silver lake is great. Also The Corner Bakery Cafe on San Fernando.

India's Tandoori? We ate there one night (almost $13 a plate- GASP!) and it was fantastic. Every now and then you've got to splurge for something nice in ground school. I started figuring everything into how many hours of minimum wage pay it would cost me.

You guys really get fancy with the eatery. During my time we either ate at the Frontier Wok or Panda and called it good. Every once in a while we'd have Jack in the Box or Wendy's and a hint of In and Out. But that was the extent of it. :)

Seriously. These boys are living like they have net jets per diem. Kept it cheap during indoc

India's Tandoori? We ate there one night (almost $13 a plate- GASP!) and it was fantastic. Every now and then you've got to splurge for something nice in ground school. I started figuring everything into how many hours of minimum wage pay it would cost me.

You have to go for lunch. They have a buffet for like $12 from 11-3 I think it is. No lamb or goat... in fact almost all chicken, but it's still pretty good.

Seriously. These boys are living like they have net jets per diem. Kept it cheap during indoc

I don't work for Amflight. We've been based here in Burbank off and on for a few months. Met Maurus at the Ramada. Our per diem is more than plenty to cover a $12 lunch and dinner.

I don't work for Amflight. We've been based here in Burbank off and on for a few months. Met Maurus at the Ramada. Our per diem is more than plenty to cover a $12 lunch and dinner.
Ah. Yeh, the finances were tight for me during indoc so wendys value meals or the occasional in n out. Had a guy in my class that would pay for in n out if I would drive. Win win!

Plus eating fast food makes you feel like crap and is terrible for you. I prefer not to subject myself to that.

Poor fools, I gave up on AMF a few months ago. Just had dinner at a local place. Copper River salmon, baked potato, vegies. Peach pie and ice cream for desert. Micro brew beer. Black Butte. $33 including tip.
Can't do it every day but sure is good when I can. Never could with AMF.

Just had dinner at a local place. Copper River salmon, baked potato, vegies. Peach pie and ice cream for desert. Micro brew beer. Black Butte. $33 including tip.

I did Red Lion Tonight. Great Sausage, Schnitzel and beer.

Back