more Ameriflight....

It isn't as bad as it sounds.

My thinking is that sim training really wears on your brain anyway, so totally flipping my circadian rhythm might not help that situation. My poor little brain has enough disadvantages. But hey, if that's the slot I get, I'll try my best.

Well, since he didn't do my indoc, maybe I should experience the legend in the sim.:panic:

Yeah you really don't want that.

And there are a few cheap questions on the indoc test, but because Bob has been running indoc for so long, nobody can change them.

He wasn't that bad. He will make you feel like absolute garbage after each debrief, but you will have a fantastic learning experience. He was very thorough. I learned from him big time. He is not easy though. You will earn your pass in the sim with Bob, that's not to say the others will let you skate because they wont.

He wasn't that bad. He will make you feel like absolute garbage after each debrief, but you will have a fantastic learning experience. He was very thorough. I learned from him big time. He is not easy though. You will earn your pass in the sim with Bob, that's not to say the others will let you skate because they wont.

This has always been the problem with Bob, and it's no way to conduct training.

Yeah you really don't want that.

And there are a few cheap questions on the indoc test, but because Bob has been running indoc for so long, nobody can change them.

Apparently the test has changed with the new indoc instructor. At least he claimed he wrote the test. :dunno:

Actually they are making relatively large changes to the PA-31 program. I heard some of the checklist/flow changes and they are good.

Oh god the originating flow... that one's gonna bite me in the ass before I leave Burbank, I can just feel it.

Make sure you get the flows down air tight. If not, you'll struggle in the sim.

Yup, be able to do the flows in your sleep. It was probably the #1 reason we were washing guys out of training a few years back. If you're spending all your time thinking about the flow, then you don't have any time to think about flying the plane.

Actually they are making relatively large changes to the PA-31 program. I heard some of the checklist/flow changes and they are good.

The only changes we saw with Bob and the Chieftain when I was there was what temps we were going to cruise at. It'd go up and down by 25 degrees every few months it seemed, and then Bob would go on some rant about how the new way was superior to the old way, even though he created the old way, and would usually go back to it a few weeks later.

The test is new , we were the first or second class to get the new test. The program is being totally rewritten. Sam did a fantastic job with indoc, I think he completely rewrote the indoc curriculum. I would be curious to see the new flow changes.

Thank you Inverted for saying such nice things, I appreciate it. I don't think some folks realize how much work goes into this kind of stuff or how easy they have it compared to some of us that went through in days gone by. Beer on me next time I'm in OAK. :-)

Thank you Inverted for saying such nice things, I appreciate it. I don't think some folks realize how much work goes into this kind of stuff or how easy they have it compared to some of us that went through in days gone by. Beer on me next time I'm in OAK. :-)

I do appreciate it. I thought the indoc course was great. Especially with the rumors about the old days. That said, it would have been nice to talk out a couple of the questions from the test. I don't want to complain, but the pressure to score high marks here is high. I'm my own worst critic, so getting some of those questions wrong really stung. Anyway, indoc was really enjoyable.

In other news, just finished in the sim. That was a pain. Please tell me the real Navajo can be trimmed fairly easily in all phases of flight. :p

Back