more Ameriflight....

That orange site has advertised every other week AMF looking to hire pilots.. Is this something AMF pays for or do they just know their hiring and post it on there? If AMF is hiring so much does this mean there is a lot of movement going on or people leaving??

That orange site has advertised every other week AMF looking to hire pilots.. Is this something AMF pays for or do they just know their hiring and post it on there? If AMF is hiring so much does this mean there is a lot of movement going on or people leaving??

Im pretty sure its been discused in this thread somewhere, but AMF is doing 1 class per month, usually about 10 pilots or so from what I have seen. Hiring is due to attrition, I dont believe they have purchased any new aircraft lately.

Im pretty sure its been discused in this thread somewhere, but AMF is doing 1 class per month, usually about 10 pilots or so from what I have seen. Hiring is due to attrition, I dont believe they have purchased any new aircraft lately.

That's because there are no new aircraft to purchase! :)

When I was there, they were getting so desperate for a few more 1900's that they were willing to start flying D models.

They are still looking for some 1900s. They just have the time to get what they want. Also looking for some more EMB-120s. They are very picky with both models.

ok, this is probably NOT true, but the rumor I heard about why amf doesnt want D model 1900's is that the floors cannot be reinforced and they are too weak to be used a freighter day in and day out. Anyone know if this is true?

That's because there are no new aircraft to purchase! :)

When I was there, they were getting so desperate for a few more 1900's that they were willing to start flying D models.

they had a couple "new" 1900's in BUR about a year ago. Both from AK, I think.

Maybe its time to add a new type to the fleet since there are obviously no more B and C model 1900's, Metro's, or 99's on the market. I say... get the CRJ freighter! lol

ok, this is probably NOT true, but the rumor I heard about why amf doesnt want D model 1900's is that the floors cannot be reinforced and they are too weak to be used a freighter day in and day out. Anyone know if this is true?
I've heard the same thing. Something to the extent of wingspars not being reenforced for the d-model. IDK.

Back