more Ameriflight....

Re: Indoc starts in less than a week...

Is Bob still doing indoc? Or has he finally retired for real?

No Bob. I'm afraid to ask anyone what happened to him. Scott S. (I forget his last name) is doing our indoc. He's pretty cool. Easy to pay attention as he throws in humor and a lot of practical examples. A buddy of mine who worked for Amflight several years ago claimed that Bob had been relegated to the ground school after having torched an engine on one of the turboprops. Anyone know if that's true?

No Bob. I'm afraid to ask anyone what happened to him. Scott S. (I forget his last name) is doing our indoc. He's pretty cool. Easy to pay attention as he throws in humor and a lot of practical examples. A buddy of mine who worked for Amflight several years ago claimed that Bob had been relegated to the ground school after having torched an engine on one of the turboprops. Anyone know if that's true?

I'm nearly certain that's not true. It is, for the most part, easier to blow up a Chieftain engine than a 99 engine, as you are soon to find out.

Bob had been relegated to the ground school
I doubt it is true as well. If you are going to make AMF a career, being a line pilot is nooot where you want to be.

I dig Bob and he's still around but in a lesser capacity as he nudges full time retirement.

I'm nearly certain that's not true. It is, for the most part, easier to blow up a Chieftain engine than a 99 engine, as you are soon to find out.

I doubt it is true as well. If you are going to make AMF a career, being a line pilot is nooot where you want to be.

I dig Bob and he's still around but in a lesser capacity as he nudges full time retirement.

Eh, just passing along what I heard. The stories about Bob are certainly interesting from all angles, whether they're exaggerations or not. Anyway, happy with my class so far and looking forward to getting through it.

Now the stories about Bob, on the other hand, are very likely NOT exaggerated :)

Bob does sims for indoc. He also does check rides. He's not that bad. You will learn a lot from him if you have him for sims. You will also want to murder yourself after each session.

Ya mean sam? He grazes the forums... :)

Now hiring direct entry Metro pilots to DFW and IAH, apparently. Eeeennnnnteresting.

I'm sure that the hiring requirements are quite a bit higher to get directly into the metro. There were a few guys in Texas that left for bigger and better all at the same time a short while ago. Either people are not willing to move or there isn't anyone qualified to take the upgrade who are willing to move right now. The openings have been made known internally though.

I'm sure that the hiring requirements are quite a bit higher to get directly into the metro. There were a few guys in Texas that left for bigger and better all at the same time a short while ago. Either people are not willing to move or there isn't anyone qualified to take the upgrade who are willing to move right now. The openings have been made known internally though.

Ooo ooo me me. :)

there isn't anyone qualified to take the upgrade who are willing to move right now.

This is it. Wish I could have taken it, but I made the mistake of not having turbine time prior to coming to AMF ;)

there isn't anyone qualified to take the upgrade who are willing to move right now. The openings have been made known internally though.

What's AMF's requirements for Metro?

What's AMF's requirements for Metro?

It's somewhere around 2500 total and 1000TPIC....but it changes to fit their needs. Some prior turbine experience will likely be needed to jump right into a metro...... unless you have tons and tons of total time or prior metro time. In other words, don't plan on getting the metro immediately with barely 135 mins met.

It's somewhere around 2500 total and 1000TPIC....but it changes to fit their needs. Some prior turbine experience will likely be needed to jump right into a metro...... unless you have tons and tons of total time or prior metro time. In other words, don't plan on getting the metro immediately with barely 135 mins met.

Wow that's quite a bit of time, however from what I understand the Metro can snowball into becoming a busy airplane very fast.

Currently sitting around 1650TT, 500ish turbine with 275 jet. I have a class date of June 13 and planning for the 'ho in PDX, but who knows where they decide to send me.

Wow that's quite a bit of time, however from what I understand the Metro can snowball into becoming a busy airplane very fast.

Currently sitting around 1650TT, 500ish turbine with 275 jet. I have a class date of June 13 and planning for the 'ho in PDX, but who knows where they decide to send me.

Well you can always throw in an open bid for it and see what happens!

The Ramada and HI were apparently full, so we've been put up in a little gem of a "hotel" on Olive. There's technically a "breakfast" served in the "lobby", but I say it gives the Ramada a real challenge as far as being sketchy.

On the plus side, the rooms are pretty nice (given the hotel as a whole). Though our sink light broke and the family who lives here and apparently runs the place swears they can't get it fixed until next week. Shaving in the dark FTL.

All in all, not bad. Could be WAY worse.

Are you staying in the Portofino? The Portofino was a very nice hotel. Kinda gives you a typical slasher, killer feeling when you see it from the outside, but he rooms are nice.

Back