more Ameriflight....

Was OAK for the PA31, DFW for the 99, then SJU for the 99, then BQN (SJU sub base) in the Metro. All have upsides and downsides, but they all ave been learning experiences for me.

What's a good place to live in OAK? Are apartments near the airport like most places - 'third worldish' - or is it doable?

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm. There are nice places in OAK, then again there are probably nice places in hell too. I live in Walnut Creek. But I already had a condo with my girlfriend. A few guys live in Alameda and seem to like it.

What's a good place to live in OAK? Are apartments near the airport like most places - 'third worldish' - or is it doable?

Apartment. What is that?

Renting a room in OAK costs the same as an apartment in a normal city/state. California is seriously jacked up.

... A few guys live in Alameda and seem to like it.

I did my flight training in OAK long, long ago. And although I personally never lived in Alameda, I had many friends who did. I've always thought it was a nice place. I'll probably look into renting there in the near future.

As far as filling out the pre-employment paperwork, if you worked for a company that's now out of business within the past 5 years and can't get in contact with the owner/manager, what can you do? I don't have the pay-stubs but I do have the W-2 tax forms for the years that I worked there.. Is that good enough?

The W-2 Forms could work, I would call HR. You can also get a letter from someone that worked there with you to confirm that you were there.

The W-2 Forms could work, I would call HR. You can also get a letter from someone that worked there with you to confirm that you were there.

I actually called Barbara (I think) in hiring about this and she said that an email from someone who knew you during whatever time period your trying to cover would suffice. Kind of surprising because the paperwork instructions make it seem like they need way more documentation.

Indoc starts in less than a week...

Going back over the study packet, they mention:

Enclosed you will find:
Pre-Indoc Briefing Packet
Aircraft specific SOP
Aircraft specific Systems Briefing Packet

But on the /pilotforms section of the website, there is nothing specifically related to the PA-31 that I can see. I assume they want some familiarity with the airplane before I show up, but I'll be damned if I can find these things. I'm calling Sheri tomorrow morning to verify this.

Can anyone offer some insight into this?

Re: Indoc starts in less than a week...

just relax... it seems like youre stressing over stuff that you shouldnt be worried about

Question about the interview: is it true that they want you to perform an NDB approach? That is a rumor I heard, and I want to be certain.

They recently stopped handing out the aircraft specific stuff during indoc. Study what they give you and you will be just fine.

Yea they didn't include aircraft specific stuff in the indoc packet they emailed me.. Just regs and company ops stuff mostly. I think somewhere in there they said they hand out aircraft specific stuff the first day of class.

Question about the interview: is it true that they want you to perform an NDB approach? That is a rumor I heard, and I want to be certain.
No I don't think it's something they routinely do, from most of the interview gouges it's a VOR approach and holding and/or an ILS approach..

Back