more Ameriflight....

Re: Okay, okay... here goes...

Holy paperwork....

Save your records of where you've lived/work in the last 10 years, it'll come in handy when you get your next job! It was a massive pain in the butt trying to get it all together for Amflight, but I've still got that paperwork lying around.

The paperwork isn't as bad as it looks. At Indoc they have you fill out the PRIA and a few other forms.

Actually they have us do it all before now. It was a pain in the butt, but a few hours later and it can be all done.

Actually they have us do it all before now. It was a pain in the butt, but a few hours later and it can be all done.

Yeah. Just the 10 year paper work would be cool, but the individual request forms for each flying job plus separate forms for each period of unemployment make the process that much more grueling. Just did my drug test this morning too. Weeeeee! No pun intended.

I'm very excited and happy for everyone that are getting interviews and class dates for Ameriflight. Yes, it is 135, but like any job it has it's ups and downs. My recommendation for anyone that's going to be on property soon is this: If you are willing to move, and have a mutual understanding with family members about moving 2-3 times, do it! Your career at Ameriflight will be great. I've moved twice and have been with the company for only 1.5 years. In that time frame I've logged almost 900 hours, and will be starting BE-1900 school very shortly. It only took me 10 months to get out of the Chieftain and into the 99. It will most likely be shorter now with the attrition level going up due to the regionals. Ameriflight can be very rewarding if you pay your dues and sacrifice a little. Good luck to everyone and fly safe.

Yep, I did the 99 upgrade 5 months after starting and that was during the beginning of 2010, not exactly a high movement time in the industry, went to metro training at a year and 4 months.

135.265 Rest requirements

Is there a simplified explanation of this other than the FARs? Or maybe someone has some clever memory aid that can help?

Doesn't matter as THEY ARE ALL BELONG TO US.

Sorry, just a semi-humorous non-sequitur humor for your Monday afternoon.

Aybabtu.png

Re: 135.265 Rest requirements

Is there a simplified explanation of this other than the FARs? Or maybe someone has some clever memory aid that can help?

Look back 24 hours. If you have 9 hours rest you are on normal rest. If you have 8 hours you are on reduced rest.

Look back 24 hours. If you have 9 hours rest you are on normal rest. If you have 8 hours you are on reduced rest.

To add:

If you got less than 8hrs of rest you're illegal.

After a day/night that you only got 8hrs of rest, you can only work for 14hrs, and have to get 10hrs rest.

Easy as pie!

Why the hell couldn't I decipher that from the language in the reg itself? I might be retarded. I think after studying for a given length of time, my brain just stops absorbing information.

Back