more Ameriflight....

Jhugz,

I'm flattered that you care about me. If you read my previous post's you can see my motive. But you're ADD has kicked in, and can't comprehend past this morning.

I know I'm reviving an old thread, but Ameriflight is hiring..

Which leads to my question:

Is Ameriflight a CASS (jumpseat) participant?

"Life's tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid" -- John Wayne

Stupid question....why? I could be totally off base here, but it doesn't seem like a lot of SWA guys would want rides on AMF flights...Is this just out of the goodness of SWA's heart? It's obviously great for Ameriflight pilots, but does it actually help SWAers?

Stupid question....why? I could be totally off base here, but it doesn't seem like a lot of SWA guys would want rides on AMF flights...Is this just out of the goodness of SWA's heart? It's obviously great for Ameriflight pilots, but does it actually help SWAers?

Apparently AMF and SWA have a good relationship with each other. Not to mention SWA seems to get all the AMF business when AMF needs to fly someone somewhere. For a recip agreement, SWA is one of the best to have. Always mainline for every destination. Other airlines are hit or miss when trying to jumpseat as a part 135 guy and that can cause problems when you go from mainline to regional when trying to get around.

I jumped with SWA today. Good people. The second jumpseat is a bit cramped though.

Can't speak for Amflight, but we had a similar deal with SWA at a former employer...most routes we never saw an SWA guy, but there were a couple they'd ride at least twice a week. MDW-DSM springs to mind. Figure it was a way for a guy to get home late at night/early in the morning when no one else is flying, rather than pay for a hotel room.

Many jump seat committees believe in the idea that if an agreement gets one person home when no other option would have worked then it's worth it. The agreements are between pilot groups, not airlines.

I asked the dispatcher in OAK if they got a lot of jumpseaters. There is one guy that will jumpseat every once in a while, but that is about it for OAK these days.

Apparently AMF and SWA have a good relationship with each other. Not to mention SWA seems to get all the AMF business when AMF needs to fly someone somewhere. For a recip agreement, SWA is one of the best to have. Always mainline for every destination. Other airlines are hit or miss when trying to jumpseat as a part 135 guy and that can cause problems when you go from mainline to regional when trying to get around.

I jumped with SWA today. Good people. The second jumpseat is a bit cramped though.

Its fine if you have a reciprocal agreement with those regionals. Basically, no recip, no ride! CASS is irrelevant. I wouldnt say SWA is the "best" to have a recip with, it all depends on where youre at and where youre trying to go! up in Seattle, SWA isnt all that great for example.

Saying that, Us Air, Hawaiian, Jet Blue, and Virgin America will let AMF guys jumpseat (at the discretion of the flight crew of course but the gate agents will let you down to ask). From my experience, thats about it. Ive tried almost everyone else :)

its an option for them. If I was in charge of jumpseat agreements at an airline union, I would try and have as many as possible. AMF isnt so bad actually. Almost 200 aircraft, all over the country, hundreds of destinations, all hours of the day and night... its not a bad deal for them to recip with us, even if they rarely use it!

its an option for them. If I was in charge of jumpseat agreements at an airline union, I would try and have as many as possible. AMF isnt so bad actually. Almost 200 aircraft, all over the country, hundreds of destinations, all hours of the day and night... its not a bad deal for them to recip with us, even if they rarely use it!

True they would be a benefit, but we know it takes two to tango.

Back