Morbid curiosity. Upgrade times?

That's where the ETOPS seat lock is the monkey wrench. The luckiest guy in the company is the guy who gets something east of Vegas a month before the first junior Captain's seat lock expires. (Assuming that's possible)
I think a lot of the East upgrades are going to go senior at first with all the guys bypassing, especially after ‘23 vacation bidding is done. But that does leave a few month gap between the ETOPS lock going away and then.

It's only 85 miles further than SEA-HNL. Shouldn't be an issue.

The Max-7 will even be able to do DEN to the islands they tell us.

Okay, I figured that the 700 could do it, it has the most range of the 737's. Surprised about the 800 though. Thought it could only go to Hawaii from the coast airports. e.g. LAX, SFO, SEA. Here in PHX AA was doing it in a 757. Don't think they could do PHX-HNL in a 737. Granted, this was in a NG.

Ugh sitting in a Guppy cockpit that long sounds miserable!

Not going to argue with you - you're not wrong, but it pays the mortgage. We knew when we applied here that it was a 737 operator and probably always would be. No point in complaining about it.

Last edited:
The September preliminary awards are out for AA. Most junior CA award was 400 numbers junior to me on the AB. Most junior CA was about 700 numbers below me on the 737. Mostly LGA on both for the upgrades.

Back