Morbid curiosity. Upgrade times?

Ok, I'll say it... what we really need is a single (national) seniority list. "DOH" is 1st day of INDOC, 1st ALPA Carrier. (or SWAPA/APA) Let the list cook in the crock pot for 7-10 years and Boom.

Discuss.
1645589945344.gif

Ok, I'll say it... what we really need is a single (national) seniority list. "DOH" is 1st day of INDOC, 1st ALPA Carrier. (or SWAPA/APA) Let the list cook in the crock pot for 7-10 years and Boom.

Discuss.

This is similar to the age 65 thing. People who knew the rules all along, suddenly advocated for changing the game mid way through.

I'm totally for national seniority list numbers but nobody should be able to use them until everybody working at the time is retired (or fenced off, which is always a bad idea). Also, you'd flatten out the pay and benefits landscape pretty quickly by doing that or force everybody junior to the minor league carriers.

Discuss.
Didn’t the unions try to do this like 40-50 years ago?

Last I checked 1997 hires for 330/350 Captain. Plug 330 FO in NYC is mid 2017 hire.

with all the hiring delta has done since 2014, it’s clear the widebody capt prospects for someone hired today are much better at ual/aa. Delta was my #1 until I realized this and that their widebody fleet was the smallest of the legacies too. Don’t get me wrong, I’d still go in a heartbeat should I be lucky enough to get called.

A 321 isn’t going to 360 near MTOW. Even 35 is unlikely. More like 33/34 to start and then up. The Neo seems worse actually, more anemic at altitude. The coffin corner seems tighter as well on the NEOs at comparable weights.

Just going off memory but 175,000 lbs seemed when the box would like FL350.
The NEO is downright annoying at altitude. Get to within 1,000 to 1,500 feet of level off and it just decides “I don’t wanna!” anymore and tried to descent in OP CLB. Come to think of it there’s a lot of little “quirks” on the NEO that are super irritating.

The NEO is downright annoying at altitude. Get to within 1,000 to 1,500 feet of level off and it just decides “I don’t wanna!” anymore and tried to descent in OP CLB. Come to think of it there’s a lot of little “quirks” on the NEO that are super irritating.

Yep….Looks cool. It’s quiet. Aside from that no thanks. The CEO engine start and high alt performance make me ❤️them.

Oh boo, a heavy CEO with tired engines will do the exact same.

Oh boo, a heavy CEO with tired engines will do the exact same.
Yeah, but a relatively light NEO will do it :p

I feel like it tries to get too “cute” for comfort, or something. I was climbing out in a SID with traffic descending above us and we’re rocketing out so I go vertical speed to shallow it out to avoid an RA. VS literally never decreased.

Yeah, but a relatively light NEO will do it :p

I feel like it tries to get too “cute” for comfort, or something. I was climbing out in a SID with traffic descending above us and we’re rocketing out so I go vertical speed to shallow it out to avoid an RA. VS literally never decreased.

All control inputs are filtered by a "passenger comfort" algorithm before being sent to the flight control surfaces. Do you even fly by wire, bro?

All control inputs are filtered by a "passenger comfort" algorithm before being sent to the flight control surfaces. Do you even fly by wire, bro?
Actually lowering the nose is a lot more comfortable than a hamfisted RA level off :p

Back