Morbid curiosity. Upgrade times?

taunt-stfu.gif

Are the big fans not powerful? Are they derated at your airline? What is the thrust output, 35,000 lbs. of thrust?

Not derated. I think 33k , virtually same as the CEO. I don’t have a good explanation, just experience that it seems to struggle up higher more than the CEO.

The NEO is downright annoying at altitude. Get to within 1,000 to 1,500 feet of level off and it just decides “I don’t wanna!” anymore and tried to descent in OP CLB. Come to think of it there’s a lot of little “quirks” on the NEO that are super irritating.
What NEO engine does your company have? We have Pratt’s and I’ve never experienced that. To me the only rarely annoying thing the NEO does is when the “props” don’t seem to be perfectly matched and it creates a loud vibration. 5 hours of that is just annoying

For what it’s worth, on the bid that just closed at Hot Dog on a Stick, the most junior Captain in the company at the least desirable domicile was hired in March 2011.

Yup. Evil place. Two nonstops per day, one stupid early in the AM and one late in evening. Coming home, nothing after about 6pm. The freighters have a couple of nonstops per day to another airport Near my home, but that would involve some creative Ubering.

No crashpads, expensive hotels, etc…

The other options are taking the train to SFO or SJC but their flight options aren’t much better.

Yup. Evil place. Two nonstops per day, one stupid early in the AM and one late in evening. Coming home, nothing after about 6pm. The freighters have a couple of nonstops per day to another airport Near my home, but that would involve some creative Ubering.

The other options are taking the train to SFO or SJC but their flight options aren’t much better.

You fail to mention the Ca tax authority trying to hit you up for $ for years to come!

I’m curious to see what’s going to happen in LAX, almost all of the awards there were transfers from OAK. Don’t know if you saw that latest email from planning but all the bases except DEN and LAX are still below pre-covid staffing levels and as of when they sent that restoring the network was the priority.

Makes me wonder if the path for junior upgrades will run OAK-LAX-then back East. Just hope you aren’t the plug in OAK when the music stops again.

Do most pilots there take the first upgrade opportunity or do most wait for better seniority?

I’m curious to see what’s going to happen in LAX, almost all of the awards there were transfers from OAK. Don’t know if you saw that latest email from planning but all the bases except DEN and LAX are still below pre-covid staffing levels and as of when they sent that restoring the network was the priority.

Makes me wonder if the path for junior upgrades will run OAK-LAX-then back East. Just hope you aren’t the plug in OAK when the music stops again.

That's where the ETOPS seat lock is the monkey wrench. The luckiest guy in the company is the guy who gets something east of Vegas a month before the first junior Captain's seat lock expires. (Assuming that's possible)

Back