Morbid curiosity. Upgrade times?

ZapBrannigan

If it ain’t a Boeing, I’m not going. No choice.
Upgrade times are always changing, but current upgrade times can at least provide a snapshot. Out of morbid curiosity, how long was it before the most junior Captain upgraded at:

1. Delta
2. American
3. United
4. SWA
5. JetBlue
6. Spirit
7. FedEx
8. UPS
9. Alaska
10. Hawaiian

Would be interesting to see this graphed. DOH / Date of first upgrade opportunity

Hawaiian is about three years for the 717, seven years for the 321, and ten years for the 330. The initial 787 bid should be in the next month or so and I'd expect that to need > 20 years for the left seat.

At Spirit, the most junior was hired 02/2018 for a 11/2021 upgrade class. So roughly 3 years and 9 months. Was about 2 years and 10 months before the COVID delay.

Wasn’t Delta something like 16 months for NYC88A and/or NYC717A, not long ago?

The Eskimo just had a big bid close and folks will train in couple months. Here's how it shook out by base for those interested:

LAX 320 - 01/2017

LAX Guppy - 04/2016

SFO 320 - 03/2017

PDX Guppy - 06/2015

SEA Guppy - 11/2017

ANC Guppy 07/2016

Thanks guys. I have calls out to friends at UAL and DAL.

Still need AA, UPS, FedEx, JetBlue

FedEx hasn't had a bid out for a while (rumor is one is coming very soon). Last bid showed 757 CA going to people who have been on property for 2 years and Airbus CA going to 5 years.

DAL’s most recent bid closed last week and results should be released early this week. It will have very junior DTW and NYC A’s on it.

8/31/15 DOH for the junior Capt at UPS on the most recent list. So about six years. If I hadn't quit in June at age 60 I'd be 123...haha.

I'm getting a little old for such tomfoolery. Just needed confirmation that any decision I ever make is the wrong one. I’m the George Costanza of airline pilots.

Thats ok, I listened to everyone here and didn't apply to Eagle back in 2011. Instead I went to college to get that precious piece of paper, then went to Mesa. If I had just gone to Eagle, I would be midway up the AA list right now.

Here’s what I’ve got so far.
9E74332C-6A85-4A58-AD6D-66DBF26DA9D8.jpeg

Back