Minimum Interval Takeoff's

Beautiful, with water injection. Back in the day when BUFFs and TOADs had to get airborne quickly. "Flush the bombers and spin up the missiles in the bullpen". Wake turbulence separation was out the window.

Nope, before my time. When I was a new CO, anyone Major or above was a former A-model guy, though.

Have never seen a MITO like this myself. Although I do remember AZANG A-model 135s at PHX very well with their takeoffs and being able to track them for miles on climbout..........thats after their lifting off at the 10-board.

And before those, I have vague recollection of the AZANG KC-97Ls doing the same thing there.

Have never seen a MITO like this myself. Although I do remember AZANG A-model 135s at PHX very well with their takeoffs and being able to track them for miles on climbout..........thats after their lifting off at the 10-board.

And before those, I have vague recollection of the AZANG KC-97Ls doing the same thing there.

had a water wagon rotate at the 12 board at DM back in 82, had my hand on the crash phone on that one. have a better story of the first all female 135 crew that came to DM, didnt think you could get that many bounces out of a 135 in one landing without busting the gear , good thing Boeing over built that aircraft.

Last week while my student was pre-flighting we had four KC-135's takeoff just like this. Very cool to see and watch them bounce around in each others wake.

Back