Meltdown on AA flight

your current work experience could very well be a great selling point as it comes to customer service and conflict resolution, for an airline gig, what with how things have become lately….

Especially Spirit. :)

I agree wholeheartedly, but it seems that SOP now is for pilots to stay up front and call either gate agents, or airport police to deal with it depending on the severeity of the situation. Instead I really think that it will come in more handy dealing with coworkers. Because just like at my work currently, sometimes you have to deescalate your coworkers too. Lol.

Last edited:
I agree wholeheartedly, but it seems that SOP now is for pilots to stay up front and call either gate agents, or airport police to deal with it. Instead I really think that it will come in more handy dealing with coworkers. Because just like a work currently, sometimes you have to deescalate coworkers too. Lol.

All very true. Agreed. And even in those times when a flight crewmember happens to be around pax such as loading/unloading and other times on the ground, chances are you’d have scenes under control before any of the other people who get called in even get there.

I can’t decide if I want to say “good on him” or “what were you thinking?!
I’m not sure. I don’t think we can say without being there or seeing what went on in its entirety. If he was able to assist the flight attendants and keep the guy from getting to the cockpit door, or so leafy distract and delay the drunk until a later time, mission accomplished.

Back