Man Dragged off United Flight

A first class passenger who was already seated got threatened with being taken off the plane in cuffs, then placed in a middle seat in economy and had to fight for over a week before United offered to refund the difference in fares (which should've been one of the first things they did and before the flight even departed if it had to come to that).

I've never been offered any type of refund for being bumped from a revenue seat in first back to coach. When I've asked, the answer has been I can wait for a seat in first to be open on another flight, with no compensation or confirmation, or sit in coach.

Dispatchers are awesome, but I really don't want to fly through the moderate turbulence that I reported on the inbound leg when I can easily avoid it.

I wish I saved the flight plan where in the remarks it said "MDT-SVR turbulence FL280 and above", the big nasty block of nastiness on FWV and "filed at FL320 for fuel economy"
Makes me wonder if that end of the building gets the same sort of real-time EDR data.

Of course, we're banging rocks together here with a totally-useless metric (shear index), so I'm in no position to really complain.

I've never been offered any type of refund for being bumped from a revenue seat in first back to coach. When I've asked, the answer has been I can wait for a seat in first to be open on another flight, with no compensation or confirmation, or sit in coach.

Yeah, that aint right. The differences in price can be significant. That is pretty much the definition of bait and switch. And is a major party foul that should involve legal.

17884130_10158425547870456_3812074583977088420_n.jpg

What airlines were this? That seems pretty unacceptable to me. I hope they at least brought you as much alcohol as you wanted.

Then you aren't playing the game right. You go to the contact information on the airline website, or through your frequent flier account, share all the details of your experience in a diplomatic and factual way, and you'll be compensated in some way. It's often better to suggest a reasonable solution you feel is fair to give them somewhere to start. It's amazing how just being understanding and polite gets the best results. Don't expect the GA or FA to have the power to resolve that.

Generally, you will get a discount in the difference in fare plus a refund of the mileage.

Generally, you will get a discount in the difference in fare plus a refund of the mileage.

Don't really care about the discount, as it would go to my company anyway. So I don't really care to spend any of my time writing letters or being on the phone, as it won't get me a better seat on a flight that already happened. The difference in fare between full fare coach and first class is generally nothing anyway.

Don't really care about the discount, as it would go to my company anyway. So I don't really care to spend any of my time writing letters or being on the phone, as it won't get me a better seat on a flight that already happened. The difference in fare between full fare coach and first class is generally nothing anyway.

You can ask for just a mileage credit. Surely, you could use those one day. How long does it take to write a quick email?

I think some of you guys fail to understand that without passengers flying on your airplane, you won't have a job. Now I'd agree that this guy had a "Milton" moment. But the other passengers on the plane that witnessed this act in person felt that this guy was treated unjustly. That's over 100 paying passenger that United stands to lose. Yes, I'm sure some will eventually ride United again. But the stink on this cheese is strong and only getting stronger.

You guys are looking at passengers as a jaded girlfriend that always comes. Eventually she will get to the point that she never comes back. You guys keep on keeping on though. This just ensures that your high value customers will continue to come fly on the planes I operate.

Like I said earlier, my biggest concern is foreign carriers, who's noses already under the tent, walks right on in because you all left the door open.

Back