Man Dragged off United Flight

Very cool man. I grew up next to Long Beach, and I have a bunch of friends who work in Huntington at the bars there.

Which bars? When my wife was away for 6 weeks I was on first name basis with several of them within the first week. I frequent Sapsuckers, Seven Quarts Tavern, and Whale's Tale primarily.

One week from now, all these social media hero's will be posting another worthless story. UAL's stock will be back by the end of the quarter, no one will remember or care. If you were a smart investor, you'd buy discounted UAL stock. Do you really think UAL's stock isn't going to go back up in a few weeks?

Looks like I was wrong. Only took a month, not the end of the quarter. Guess who made some cash on this fiasco? Not pilots. Wall Street traders that look for opportunities. Bad news is good news for wall street. This is so easy to predict once you know what you're looking for. @srn121

United shares soar despite PR disasters
Published on: May, 10, 2017
Source and image:
Chicago Business Journal, United Airlines

Despite the infamous “bloodying and dragging a passenger off overbooked flight” and numerous smaller-scale scandals, the shares of United Continental Holdings have reached their all-time high, according to Chicago Business Journal.

Shares of United Continental Holdings – the parent company of Chicago-based United Airlines – rose 5% (from $75.69 to $78.48) on late afternoon of May 9, 2017.

The high share rise is attributed to growth in the first quarter of 2017 on several revenue metrics. For instance, compared to April 2016 consolidated traffic rose 7.4%, overall domestic traffic – 7.7%, 10% increased the traffic on the airline’s mainline domestic flights, trans-Atlantic traffic was up by 4.2% and only regional flight traffic decreased by 1.5%.

"During the quarter, we improved our liquidity and continued to return cash to shareholders,” said Andrew Levy, executive vice president and chief financial officer of United Airlines. “We remain focused on maintaining a strong balance sheet and finding incremental cost savings opportunities."

This comes as a surprise, as April was a bad-PR month for United. Besides the infamous David Dao situation, the airline also made the headlines when an alive scorpion was found on the flight, a giant rabbit died onboard, a couple was kicked off a flight just before their wedding and a French-speaking passenger was taken to an opposite side of the world.

Looks like I was wrong. Only took a month, not the end of the quarter. Guess who made some cash on this fiasco? Not pilots. Wall Street traders that look for opportunities. Bad news is good news for wall street. This is so easy to predict once you know what you're looking for. @srn121

United shares soar despite PR disasters
Published on: May, 10, 2017
Source and image:
Chicago Business Journal, United Airlines

Despite the infamous “bloodying and dragging a passenger off overbooked flight” and numerous smaller-scale scandals, the shares of United Continental Holdings have reached their all-time high, according to Chicago Business Journal.

Shares of United Continental Holdings – the parent company of Chicago-based United Airlines – rose 5% (from $75.69 to $78.48) on late afternoon of May 9, 2017.

The high share rise is attributed to growth in the first quarter of 2017 on several revenue metrics. For instance, compared to April 2016 consolidated traffic rose 7.4%, overall domestic traffic – 7.7%, 10% increased the traffic on the airline’s mainline domestic flights, trans-Atlantic traffic was up by 4.2% and only regional flight traffic decreased by 1.5%.

"During the quarter, we improved our liquidity and continued to return cash to shareholders,” said Andrew Levy, executive vice president and chief financial officer of United Airlines. “We remain focused on maintaining a strong balance sheet and finding incremental cost savings opportunities."

This comes as a surprise, as April was a bad-PR month for United. Besides the infamous David Dao situation, the airline also made the headlines when an alive scorpion was found on the flight, a giant rabbit died onboard, a couple was kicked off a flight just before their wedding and a French-speaking passenger was taken to an opposite side of the world.

I bought at $67.95 :) Thank you Asian Doctor

I don't remember saying this would ever effect their short term performance as most customers buy their tickets well in advance. We also don't know the dollar figure attached to Dao's settlement. I think the fallout was ultimately lessened by Delta and Americans recent •ups and now your average American is blaming almost every airline. I also think United finally apologized and made some necessary changes to reduce similar customer service disasters in the future which was badly needed positive PR which helped a good bit and I commented on around a week ago. If you want to gamble on airline stocks be my guest. I don't care one way or another, I just know a lot of people have lost their asses on them.

We also don't know the dollar figure attached to Dao's settlement.
Who cares. Even if it's $25M which its not, thats not even a blip on UAL's radar screen. UAL/DL/AA are literally printing money by the BILLIONS. It doesn't matter what happens. Legacy's will make money going forward.

Reportedly in May, "Dr. David Dao’s lawyers confirmed Friday that the settlement includes a provision that prohibits him from suing the city, even though his nose was broken, two of his front teeth knocked out and he suffered a concussion at the hands of three city Aviation Security Officers."
https://abovethelaw.com/2017/05/united-settles-with-dragging-victim-gets-chicago-off-the-hook/

Back