Man Dragged off United Flight

This was Republic Airlines. Another regional airline destroys the reputation of the airlines.

Nah, this is United's problem not Republic's.

Most everything that goes on a regional is at the command of their major partner. Booted off an RJ? Blame the mainline for overselling. Bags never showed? Tell mainline to pay a decent contract to their baggage handling contractor. 4 hour delay into EWR? Mainline told ATC to delay the RJ to give their 737-1000 a slot. The list goes on and on.

Look to the Chicago City council passing the ordinance that only allows meter maid airport cops. Absolutely foolish in this day and age.

I always enjoy the subtle hypocrisy of people who seem overly concerned with "militarizing" police especially in airports, but who seem to want to tell me how great Europe (where I've lived for 8 years) is.

I guess they didn't notice the guys with the MP5s and FN MAG standing around in Brussels while they checked their bags.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For those still defending this stuff: United Promised Regulators Ticketed Passengers Are Guaranteed Seats

"In September 2014 comments to federal officials, the Chicago-based airline outlined its opposition to proposed rules that sought more disclosure of the fees airlines charge to customers. One of the rules at issue was designed to compel airlines to more explicitly disclose fees charged for reserving specific seats.

“Including advance-seat-assignment charges among the ‘basic ancillary service’ fees that must be disclosed as part of initial fare displays makes no sense,” the airline wrote to the Department of Transportation. “Every ticket, of course, guarantees a passenger a seat on the plane, with no additional mandatory seat-assignment charges."

Later in the filing, United Airlines expanded on its promise to regulators that it guarantees every ticketed passenger a seat.
"

Last edited:
This was Republic Airlines. Another regional airline destroys the reputation of the airlines.

That is the crappiest statement ever. Republic had absolutely nothing to do with this situation escalating. Being a regional has nothing to do with it.

Later in the filing, United Airlines expanded on its promise to regulators that it guarantees every ticketed passenger a seat."
Sure they do, if you're bumped off a flight involuntarily, they will oversell the next flight to insure you get on. So you're guaranteed a seat...eventually.

Not my first rodeo! :)

My favorite was coming back from BDA one day when I wanted extra fuel for a lower flight level to avoid reported moderate. The dispatcher who initially gave us that altitude and a lower fuel load ended up with a "Hey captain, I have an idea. If you're ok with us filing you at 260, we'll be below that rubulence and it's only x amount of extra fuel. You good with that?"

"That's a brilliant idea! Thanks for catching that ridge of turbulence, the stews and passengers are really going to appreciate it"

THESE.ARE NOT THE DROIDS YOU ARE LOOKING FOR.

Last edited:
Nope. In ORD the gate agents are mainline United (or at least were when I was flying UAX out of there). All republic did was fly the airplane there and park at United's gate.

Gate agents had nothing to do with it. It was the crew tracking department of republic airlines that bumped passengers for a future flight. I guess it could have been mainline united too but I doubt it.

Back