Man Dragged off United Flight

Trust me. No one will two craps about this in a few days. Its just like every other 'viral' video ever made. It gets some traction, gets shared millions of times, becomes a conversation, then it disappears.

And I'm telling you as someone who's actively avoided flying United before for a lot less that this is certainly going to make me avoid them even more, but apparently you know me better than I do myself and not only that you're capable of mind reading the entire market for airline travel.

Just a fun fact...you don't make that kind of money going on shows. The only way people make money is writing a book or the whole reality show thing. Did you see his convictions? Seems like a doctor who shouldn't get to practice. His wife is a pediatrician...

You can make a ton as a viral sensation. Here's just one example in just our industry where NBC bought the rights to a video for six figures and that was three or four years ago.

http://www.parkrapidsenterprise.com...-superior-skydivers-look-back-their-miracle-0

And I'm telling you as someone who's actively avoided flying United before for a lot less that this is certainly going to make me avoid them even more, but apparently you know me better than I do myself and not only that you're capable of mind reading the entire market for airline travel.
What do you think is going to be the end game board position for UA? Greatly reduced profits? Shrinkage? Closing up shop?

Sure the airline might have a slightly lower than normal quarter, but they will bounce back. Some individuals, like yourself, may remember, but society at large will forget this in a few months. Something "going viral" is in no way an indication of something having cultural staying power. If that was the case I would be able to buy Numa Numa t-shirts, and people would still be having the wedding party dance down the isle at weddings.

Apparently the guy wasn't a policeman after all...which is why people are even more upset and was he armed? What about before it escalated?

Where did you hear it wasn't a cop? That's a new one. Everything I've seen said Chicago Airport Police and the officer(s) in question was suspended

While this United thing may be bad for this one doctor, the tragedy below impacts over 5000 lives, not to mention a ton of lost revenue for Australian bars and hookers.

A moment of silence.

17861783_10210947380094834_1154411745045981637_n.jpg

Maybe you don't know what you're talking about 100% of the time.

Maybe you don't know what ROI means. ;) Either way, it is insane that they paid that much. No wonder everyone on that plane grabbed their cell phone instead of helped aid a passenger they all felt so sorry for...the prospect of making easy money is too tempting for horrible people.

Maybe you don't know what ROI means. ;) Either way, it is insane that they paid that much. No wonder everyone on that plane grabbed their cell phone instead of helped aid a passenger they all felt so sorry for...

What exactly do you expect the other passengers to do to "help"?

Maybe you don't know what ROI means. ;) Either way, it is insane that they paid that much. No wonder everyone on that plane grabbed their cell phone instead of helped aid a passenger they all felt so sorry for...the prospect of making easy money is too tempting for horrible people.

I guess along with understanding the entire airline industry, and the thought processes of all the passengers, you also understand how news networks make money. Why would I ever think to question such genius?

@Bonanzaman Well, you don't know how to respond out of the quotes...it's not that difficult. So, to allow others to do foolish things all for a quick buck isn't backwards?

They are security officers, aka police. Of the Chicago Department of Aviation. They're like the Port Authority Police in NY/NJ.

"Chicago has two law-enforcement forces that patrol O’Hare and Midway airports: the Chicago Police Department, whose officers are armed, and Department of Aviation police, whose officers are unarmed. Aviation officers alone handled the situation aboard the United flight."

https://www.google.com/amp/chicago....ssenger-being-removed-from-united-flight/amp/

Back