Man Dragged off United Flight

HUGE reaction over in China over this. 100 million angry tweets from them. United says that is their biggest market too. Yea...about that.

I think a lot of people are downplaying this as "oh the general public will just forget" but this is a bigger reaction then I have ever seen.

I won't fly them. Easy as that.

Some people don't have a choice.

17884123_1889006691379810_5734354027143661575_n.jpg

HUGE reaction over in China over this. 100 million angry tweets from them. United says that is their biggest market too. Yea...about that.

I think a lot of people are downplaying this as "oh the general public will just forget" but this is a bigger reaction then I have ever seen.

I won't fly them. Easy as that.

The masses will attempt to boycott UA until its time to book that summer vacation. This will blow over in less than 4 days and no one will care anymore.

ABC just brought up the passengers conviction from 10 years ago. Why the victim shaming?

Because his excuse for not giving up his seat was that he urgently needed to get back to his patients. Only being able to practice medicine one day a week in an outpatient facility hardly seems life or death. The ambulance chasers latched on to him now. If he gets anything, they get up to 40% of it. Makes you wonder about if this guy set this up...it seems suspicious. What does he stand to gain?

Because his excuse for not giving up his seat was that he urgently needed to get back to his patients. Only being able to practice medicine one day a week in an outpatient facility hardly seems life or death. The ambulance chasers latched on to him now. If he gets anything, they get up to 40% of it. Makes you wonder about if this guy set this up...it seems suspicious. What does he stand to gain?

There's nothing suspicious about this in the slightest. He was wronged by someone with deep pockets. He's going to lawyer up and United's going to offer to settle with him. I don't think a big settlement is something he necessarily deserved, but it will serve as a warning to management who only seem to think about money. He also doesn't even need to sue the airlines for a fat pay day. I'm sure some daytime show would happily pay him for an exclusive interview maybe to the tune of 6 figures. Had United not thought about the best ways to cheat over their customers they would've complied with the law and offered their passengers the money they were owed under it. Offering vouchers with all sorts of clauses and expiration dates understandably isn't going to lure in many people who already strongly distrust the way the airline is ran.

I don't get your deep seeded distrust at all. He might need that one day of week he can work to stave off financial ruin which would have justified his irrational behavior.

The masses will attempt to boycott UA until its time to book that summer vacation. This will blow over in less than 4 days and no one will care anymore.

I and a few other posters have already active travelers said this will certainly impact our business with United going forward. Thank you for demeaning us and everyone of your countrymen who's been demonstrably angered with United. United was already on my • list before this happened and this is the most egregious episode yet of their outright incompetence. Sure there are people who will demand the lowest possible price and backtrack when its United, but you're a damned fool if you think those very valuable business and first class customers will do the same. Not to mention your contempt for your fellow posters on this forum who disagree with you, please come on out and continue to repeat how unprincipled and flakey we must be based on your expert observations of absolute bull •.

I don't know the whole situation but if United/Republic all of a sudden got 4 must rides after everyone was boarded, is it legal for them to start kicking revenue passengers off?

Absolutely!

No, fighting being taken off the plane to the degree of getting injured. Why did no passenger come to his aid? Not one.

Against armed policemen and the wishes of the flight crew to have the passenger removed? Oh, that's gonna have a reeeeeeeal good result. :)

That's why an airliner needs to be run less like a Tea Party rally and more like a Kingdom. And you know who the king is! :)

There's nothing suspicious about this in the slightest. He was wronged by someone with deep pockets. He's going to lawyer up and United's going to offer to settle with him. I don't think a big settlement is something he necessarily deserved, but it will serve as a warning to management who only seem to think about money. He also doesn't even need to sue the airlines for a fat pay day. I'm sure some daytime show would happily pay him for an exclusive interview maybe to the tune of 6 figures. Had United not thought about the best ways to cheat over their customers they would've complied with the law and offered their passengers the money they were owed under it. Offering vouchers with all sorts of clauses and expiration dates understandably isn't going to lure in many people who already strongly distrust the way the airline is ran.

I don't get your deep seeded distrust at all. He might need that one day of week he can work to stave off financial ruin which would have justified his irrational behavior.

Just a fun fact...you don't make that kind of money going on shows. The only way people make money is writing a book or the whole reality show thing. Did you see his convictions? Seems like a doctor who shouldn't get to practice. His wife is a pediatrician...

I and a few other posters have already active travelers said this will certainly impact our business with United going forward. Thank you for demeaning us and everyone of your countrymen who's been demonstrably angered with United. United was already on my list before this happened and this is the most egregious episode yet of their outright incompetence. Sure there are people who will demand the lowest possible price and backtrack when its United, but you're a damned fool if you think those very valuable business and first class customers will do the same. Not to mention your contempt for your fellow posters on this forum who disagree with you, please come on out and continue to repeat how unprincipled and flakey we must be based on your expert observations of absolute bull .

Trust me. No one will two craps about this in a few days. Its just like every other 'viral' video ever made. It gets some traction, gets shared millions of times, becomes a conversation, then it disappears.

Against armed policemen and the wishes of the flight crew to have the passenger removed? Oh, that's gonna have a reeeeeeeal good result. :)

That's why an airliner needs to be run less like a Tea Party rally and more like a Kingdom. And you know who the king is! :)

Apparently the guy wasn't a policeman after all...which is why people are even more upset and was he armed? What about before it escalated?

Castor Troy?

Seems suspicious? I don't even...what!?

Why don't we put on our critical thinking hats a moment to parse this...

Back