Mad props out to Mpenguin!

montanapilot

On Sunday I got to meet Mike and his friend Greg who works in marketing for the 767.

We got to attend Boeing's Family Days up in Everett. Basically family members arent usually allowed to visit workers, however, one day a year they open up the entire plant for friends and family members to look around and see and the nifty stuff. I must say Boeing goes all out for this, posters, a band, freebies galore, free lunch, interior mock-ups of aircraft.

Mike and I helped Greg hand out posters of the 767 and got to stand about 15 away from a 767-300 waiting for it's engines (each worth about 12 million apiece /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/shocked.gif) to be mounted, then it will be off to Turkmenistan.

Boeing is really putting most of its efforts towards the 7E7 and that was their centerpiece of their displays. I must say from what I have seen I am very impressed. The interior is very high tech. There are no passenger comfort controls above your head like conventional aircraft. Everything including the light, air vent, call-buttons, warning lights, oxygen mask, and of course every seat has a TV, are mounted in the seat ahead of you. Very cool. This saves an enormous amount of space for more overhead storage and more headroom for passengers. While I wouldnt classify the 7E7 as revoultionary I do think that it is an amazing aircraft that has some pretty significant technological improvements over existing aircraft out there.

They also had on display a piece of traditional aluminum aircraft skin and the same sized piece of composite. It showed them both being hit with a sledge-hammer and the effects of it. On the aluminum there was a pretty good sized dent but on the composite there was not even a scratch. You could pick them both up and the aluminum was very heavy while the composite felt like you were pickin up a piece of cardboard.

I would have to say the highlight of the day for me was standing feet away from a Air France 777-300ER out there on the ramp.

Just wanted to say thanks to Mpengiun for providing this opportunity and to Doug who makes all this possible through the website.

Mike the Penguin strikes again. We all love you here at JC Mike. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bandit.gif

With the risk of being accused of kissing up to my users, the pleasure is mine. Without the positive feedback and good folks frequenting the site, I'd probably be out working on the tan. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

If MPenguin were a rap song, he'd certainly be Master P's "I Got the Hook Up". Thanks Mike and thanks a BILLION for all you're doing for the community at Jetcareers, what you've done for NetworkJC and especially aviation at large.

and also my Thank you's for hooking us up with alteon, boeing,giving back to the JC community and for the soda you bought me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif *clap clap clap*

MPenguin's certainly going to have no problem finding a complimentary beverage in LAS this weekend!

To add to Montana Pilot post:

The 7E7 bathroom is remarkable, in fact the logo reads, "The 7E7 bathroom was designed for women, by women, but men can use it too." (I think the minute a man lifts the toilet seat a sensor is activated, "Put down the toilet seat, put down the toilet seat & keeps on repeating until the seat is put down)

The shower in first class can run for 15 minutes on "3" 16 ounce bottles of water.

There was a booth for the 747-400 Special Freighter, this is the 747 that will move the 7E7 parts around. The cargo door in the back will swing left towards the right, rather than up, the engineers said this allows for more pallets to be carried. They will use the 747 Special Freighter to move the 7E7 wings around.

We got to see a JAL 747-400ERF, an ANA 777, as well as additional aircraft, there were some other 747's on the line.

I think if Captain Matt would have went with us he would have had a heart attack being that close to airplanes with no camera.

Wow thanks, I'm blushing, ha! It is my pleasure to invite people to the various aviation events that I get invited to, and it gets to show what an aspiring pilot is shooting for.

Captain Chris, if I did not buy you a soda you were going to die of thirst!

Thanks to Doug & Kristie for running this website & keeping it going, just happy to play a small part.

[ QUOTE ]
The 7E7 bathroom is remarkable, in fact the logo reads, "The 7E7 bathroom was designed for women, by women, but men can use it too." (I think the minute a man lifts the toilet seat a sensor is activated, "Put down the toilet seat, put down the toilet seat & keeps on repeating until the seat is put down)

[/ QUOTE ] OOhhhhh I think I'll enjoy that! hhahaha

[ QUOTE ]
The shower in first class can run for 15 minutes on "3" 16 ounce bottles of water.

[/ QUOTE ] there's a shower?

[ QUOTE ]
I think if Captain Matt would have went with us he would have had a heart attack being that close to airplanes with no camera.

[/ QUOTE ] No doubt!!

can't wait to do the seattle boeing tour!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Yeah, people like mpenguin1 help make JC what it is. Although I didn't get to experience none of what you guys on the west coast have, I'm still glad we have as a member.

Yep, shower, kind of like a misting shower. The faucet for the sink was like something out of a homeshow, really fancy, oh yeah, the bathroom had a window. I guess when the person in front of you has a major case of the stinkies you can open the window for fresh air.

The passenger seats were very comfy with a nice extended headrest to accomodate the fan & reading light.

would it even be possible to open the window in the shower due to the pressure difference between the inside of the plane and the outside? Also, who gets to use the shower? is it just for the pilots or more for the passangers? what if more than one person wants to use it? who supplies soap/towels?

Oh, I was just kidding about opening the window!

Shower is an option that the customer can always wave. Since the shower is in first class, shouldn't be that much of a demand, as for towel & soap, would imagine that the first class passenger would get a special bag with a towel & soap.

Very little water, so should not make that much of a mess, unless, somebody wants to become a member of the mile high club.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm smuggling one in next time. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]

can't wait to do the seattle boeing tour!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Not a bad idea for Network JC II. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Mike is down by law with me!!!!!!!!!!!
I never met the guy and he still sacrificed his own Saturday morning to show me Alteon. Even though I'm in AZ right now, I'm making it my plan to treat Mike to dinner or something the next time I'm out in L.A.

Back