looking for work in southern CA

mshunter

Can anyone direct me to a place in Southern CA that would hire someone with just shy of 800TT in southern CA for something other than instruction. I love my job as an instructor, but with over 500 dual given, it's kinda wearing on me. Anything that I would qualify for would be a great help. Jump pilot, pipeline pilot, rubber dog poop hauler----. Even a simple no, you have to move out of state would help. Just get me out of the cockpit with someone who is constantly trying to kill me!:crazy:

You aren't being of much help. Say your times, recent experience (including types aircraft PIC), and which kind of job you desire.

Speaking for myself, I'm not about to let on about a job unless I know you would be a good fit. Nothing personal. It's who you know in this biz.

I have to consider that you don't seem to have much of a network after 900 TT in comm av. Things that make you go hmmm.

EDIT: your profile claims 900 TT but here you say "just shy of 800TT". What???

I live in the LA area and I'm furloughed from xjet. I have a little over 1500TT and 1300 multi. I dont know many people out here in aviation since I moved here about a year ago. Can you help a brother out? Thanks.

Wrong board. If you look just below the "Jobs Available" board you will see the "Jobs Needed" board. Also, if you read the rules of this board which are tacked to the top of the page, you will notice it says specifically that you are not allowed to ask for jobs on this board. It even tells you to read the rules prior to posting, which you obviously didn't do. :banghead:

And 800TT will probably not get you anywhere right now. As a previous poster said, there are many pilots out there with a lot more experience in more complex aircraft. Good luck in your search, but you may want to plan on instructing for awhile. Don't worry, I have been instructing for about 16 months and none of my students have managed to kill me yet. :)

Wrong board. If you look just below the "Jobs Available" board you will see the "Jobs Needed" board. Also, if you read the rules of this board which are tacked to the top of the page, you will notice it says specifically that you are not allowed to ask for jobs on this board. It even tells you to read the rules prior to posting, which you obviously didn't do. :banghead:

And 800TT will probably not get you anywhere right now. As a previous poster said, there are many pilots out there with a lot more experience in more complex aircraft. Good luck in your search, but you may want to plan on instructing for awhile. Don't worry, I have been instructing for about 16 months and none of my students have managed to kill me yet. :)

i did read the rules, and wanted to see if i could get someone to post some stuff here in this forum for CA. why is it that there seems to be no work for pilots here in CA?

chill man, it was a typo. i must have hit the wrong key when filling out my bio. thats why it said 800tt in the post. do you folow me around in these forums or something.:confused: not to mention all is spelled out when i submit my resume/logbook at an interview. sheesh!
Sheesh!
We've posted in three threads together. Chill. They have been pretty big threads though.

Well better luck with the typos, honestly.

Why would you post here if you read it?

Can anyone direct me to a place in Southern CA that would hire someone with just shy of 800TT in southern CA for something other than instruction. I love my job as an instructor, but with over 500 dual given, it's kinda wearing on me. Anything that I would qualify for would be a great help. Jump pilot, pipeline pilot, rubber dog poop hauler----. Even a simple no, you have to move out of state would help. Just get me out of the cockpit with someone who is constantly trying to kill me!:crazy:

I was curious....where do you instruct at?

i did read the rules, and wanted to see if i could get someone to post some stuff here in this forum for CA. why is it that there seems to be no work for pilots here in CA?

The rules are simple. Post only available jobs. Is that hard to understand? This is like creating an ASAP, showing you broke a reg, just to show it's safe.

There is little work almost EVERYWHERE. You have to be willing to move to find work fast, right now. If you're not willing to move, dig a trench and stock up on canned goods, you're likely gonna be at your job for a while (unless you get lucky). At least you have a job! I understand where you're coming from, though. I've been there.

Back