Lets talk Freight here !!

Calum

Gee man ,

It been too quiet round here , lets talk a bit eh ?

I'll start , does anyone have any views on the first A380 freight version , being launched by Cargolux at Manchester ?

I dont know if its true, but would be great if it happened.

Calum

That's an awesome title..."Let's talk freight...".

You know, TARE, boxes, containers....all freight-related words... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

I kn0w lol ,

its just to quiet around here , has noone got a job flying freight yet ? Even in a prop ?

Calum

[ QUOTE ]
I kn0w lol ,

its just to quiet around here , has noone got a job flying freight yet ? Even in a prop ?

Calum

[/ QUOTE ]

I used to. Does that count?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I kn0w lol ,

Calum

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Aren't you sort of still in the same business? Flying at night and delivering packages?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I kn0w lol ,

Calum

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Aren't you sort of still in the same business? Flying at night and delivering packages?

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I suppose that has a good amount of truth to it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You what's funny, when I used to fly the overnight runs from ELP or ABQ back to PHX....anywhere through this area of ZABs airspace....I would hear them talking to the 117 guys on UHF where I could only hear the ATC -side of the conversation, and the only traffic at that time of late night/early morning would be them and me, generally. Nowdays, I hear ZAB talking to the light freight guys (with some of the same callsigns and N-numbers I remember....even heard one of my old Caravan N-numbers) on VHF where I again, can only hear the ATC-side of the conversation.

Sort of a tables-turned irony...

[ QUOTE ]

You know, TARE, boxes, containers....all freight-related words... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty funny....

Well, I am three months into flying CE-402's in a 135 UPS feeder operation, and so far its been pretty fun.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

pretty funny....

Well, I am three months into flying CE-402's in a 135 UPS feeder operation, and so far its been pretty fun.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup. It's fun stuff. Pretty neat flying......wouldn't mind doing that again in many ways.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I kn0w lol ,

Calum

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL. I suppose that has a good amount of truth to it! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif You what's funny, when I used to fly the overnight runs from ELP or ABQ back to PHX....anywhere through this area of ZABs airspace....I would hear them talking to the 117 guys on UHF where I could only hear the ATC -side of the conversation, and the only traffic at that time of late night/early morning would be them and me, generally. Nowdays, I hear ZAB talking to the light freight guys (with some of the same callsigns and N-numbers I remember....even heard one of my old Caravan N-numbers) on VHF where I again, can only hear the ATC-side of the conversation.

Sort of a tables-turned irony...

[/ QUOTE ]

So Cool.. Keep the stories coming

More Irony....

I used to fly UPS feeders into Denver-Stapelton and think...WOW, how great would it be to fly those big jets someday. Those pilots would walk by in their nice brown uniforms and hats. I was wearing jeans and a white shirt. Now, some of those pilots are my Captains and I'm wishing I could wear jeans instead of brown.

Re: More Irony....

[ QUOTE ]
I used to fly UPS feeders into Denver-Stapelton and think...WOW, how great would it be to fly those big jets someday. Those pilots would walk by in their nice brown uniforms and hats. I was wearing jeans and a white shirt. Now, some of those pilots are my Captains and I'm wishing I could wear jeans instead of brown.

[/ QUOTE ]

when I land at MHR each evening, sometimes its obvious to those I professionally look up to whom I walk past that I spent my daily layover outdoors recreating (swimshorts, t-shirt, Igloo cooler, etc.... smoetmies even my bike). Especially lately with the heat. I think I am the lucky one /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

I remind myself each day that at this moment, the nature of the flying I get to do into these little N. Cali towns is something I will never do with any Part 121 job, and also probably would do a lot differently if I was carrying passengers. So, I view this a s a really great experience that even though someday I will be sick of, I hope I always am glad I did it!

Back