KSKY

motoboy

Hey quick question, any of you Ohio guys ever fly to Sandusky Griffin? I was planning on taking my dad up sunday and maybe catching lunch there, but I heard they have a landing fee. Can anyone confirm this? I'm not trying to spend $35 on landing fee for a $20 lunch...

I flew there years ago and the waived the landing fee with a fuel purchase.

Diesel9Driver - remember the Apple Pie at SKY?

I don't think they have one-never been charged for one anyway. Make sure you call & check the hours-I think they close at 2 and may not have consistent hours. Have fun!!

Hey quick question, any of you Ohio guys ever fly to Sandusky Griffin? I was planning on taking my dad up sunday and maybe catching lunch there, but I heard they have a landing fee. Can anyone confirm this? I'm not trying to spend $35 on landing fee for a $20 lunch...

I was there in June of 08 (CEDAR POINT :nana2:) and was charged the $35 (even with a 30 gallon 100LL purchase...)

I think I heard someone there saying that they waive that if you eat lunch at thier little lunch counter thing, but we were there for the park, which is amazing, and you get a free ride to/from with that $35.

I have been to this airport at least 3 times, never charged a landing fee. A group of planes parked there most of the day on one trip while a group of us went to cedar point as well.

I have been to this airport at least 3 times, never charged a landing fee. A group of planes parked there most of the day on one trip while a group of us went to cedar point as well.

That's weird. :confused:

I am going out again with 2 other planes again in June, so we will see what happens.

Nice airport, that's where I had my first door pop open. I have never been charged anything for a quick stop for lunch ( 3 times now) but be careful. I think the diner may be closed on Sunday. Last time I went was on Sunday and it's either not open or it closes super early. Call and double check before you fly there. I flew up from cincy for lunch and had to settle for the vending machine. :banghead:

Nice airport, that's where I had my first door pop open. I have never been charged anything for a quick stop for lunch ( 3 times now) but be careful. I think the diner may be closed on Sunday. Last time I went was on Sunday and it's either not open or it closes super early. Call and double check before you fly there. I flew up from cincy for lunch and had to settle for the vending machine. :banghead:

Yeah, I'll be sure to call in the morning, I know they close at 2 every day for sure.

Well we just got back from Sandusky, it was my first time up since my checkride and my parents went up as my first passengers. Flight went very smooth.

The diner was somewhat open I guess, they had chili and a few sandwhiches, we opted not to eat until we got back to cak.

Back