Keith Duncan aka "X-Forces"

derg

Apparently a "terse" writer
Staff member
I'm crushed to report that we lost a great personal friend of many of us and a member of Jetcareers, Keith Duncan.

Keith passed away today in Curacao on a layover.

We don't have the full details quite yet, but he's not with us any more. He was swimming (or diving) and he had been down too long, but by the time he was found, it was too late.

We were finally able to get in contact with his two children which is why everyone didn't hear earlier.

A lot of us are absolutely heartbroken.

When there are more details I can share, I will. It's very fresh and raw at the moment.

Thanks for being a friend, Keith. :(

Screenshot 2024-03-24 at 20.21.45.png

Last edited:
Keith was a great guy. One of the later stage JC originals. Helo dude, got his ratings old school and paid his dues like back in the day required. Got where he wanted to be and was doing well for himself. Always a good guy in the few times i got to meet him and everytime I got to talk with him. Sad news for such a good guy.

This is a pretty crushing loss. Keith was one of my first passengers after getting my private pilots license and I actually had my first emergency ever while he was on board. He stone cold looked at me and said you got this. Him and I would talk a lot and he was always interested in my progress as well as was there for me when Annie and I split. This sucks. RIP brother.

Keith was one of my first passengers after getting my private pilots license and I actually had my first emergency ever while he was on board. He stone cold looked at me and said you got this.
That’s the definition of being “as cool as the other side of the pillow”.

Thats how we can make sure JC members that have flown West are remembered. Their actions, their words, their friendships are what live on with us. That is, to me, the ultimate honor…leaving that kind of legacy.

Clear skies and tailwinds, Keith, you will be missed here :(

Keith was a great guy. One of the later stage JC originals. Helo dude, got his ratings old school and paid his dues like back in the day required. Got where he wanted to be and was doing well for himself. Always a good guy in the few times i got to meet him and everytime I got to talk with him. Sad news for such a good guy.

Hell yeah. He was an inspiration for rotor pilots going to airlines before it got easy to do. He will be missed.

I'm crushed, receiving this news was a huge punch to the gut.

I first met Keith about 15 years ago, we were both Flight Instructors at TransPac. We maintained a great friendship throughout the years, communicating regularly. Anytime we talked on the phone we would need at least a hour if not more to catch up of the events of life. He was a very thoughtful person, he drove over an hour to our house on a layover stopping to buy a giant teddy bear for my daughter that he was excited to meet for the first time. When my second daughter was born last year he sent her a Minnie Mouse Baby Blanket with her name printed all over it, the perfect gift and her first package.

During the JetBlue, Spirit Merger we would talk even more, solving the airlines issues and hashing out the details of the JCBA! I truly valued these calls and always looked forward to them.

Keith was the kind of person that made you want to be a better person. This world was a better place because he was in it. He will be greatly missed 😢

IMG_1532.jpeg

IMG_1533.jpeg
IMG_5478.jpeg

The last 24 hrs. have been quite difficult for me to be able to process, as I lost a very close and personal friend. As @thepedroid said, Keith was always in my corner in terms of me getting my ratings even back in his Transpac days. And now post ratings and certs getting into a 121 cockpit. He amongst many here have been one of my biggest cheerleaders. He would always check-in with me frequently about flying, weight lifting/exercise, life, etc. He always had that larger than life swagger and that NYC boisterous, low key humble brag persona. But he was very down to earth and he'd literally give you the shirt off of his back.

I'm going to miss our frequent conversations that would always start via text... but you knew, you just knew after 15-30 mins. of texting, he'd be calling, cause he was like, "bro... I'm sick of all this texting." and there went 60-90 mins of your life. But it was always a spirited conversation that I enjoyed, that I'll now miss dearly. Keith you were my brother and you'll be missed.

The last 24 hrs. have been quite difficult for me to be able to process, as I lost a very close and personal friend. As @thepedroid said, Keith was always in my corner in terms of me getting my ratings even back in his Transpac days. And now post ratings and certs getting into a 121 cockpit. He amongst many here have been one of my biggest cheerleaders. He would always check-in with me frequently about flying, weight lifting/exercise, life, etc. He always had that larger than life swagger and that NYC boisterous, low key humble brag persona. But he was very down to earth and he'd literally give you the shirt off of his back.

I'm going to miss our frequent conversations that would always start via text... but you knew, you just knew after 15-30 mins. of texting, he'd be calling, cause he was like, "bro... I'm sick of all this texting." and there went 60-90 mins of your life. But it was always a spirited conversation that I enjoyed, that I'll now miss dearly. Keith you were my brother and you'll be missed.

I just remembered that you guys came into ATP Mesa to talk to me back in 2004 or 2005. He (and you) asked all the smart questions about the program and flying.

Back