Kansas City PEPC

I guess if you combine airfare, car rental, and hotel, you can save even more! Shatner never fails to amaze me. :)

901 Locust Street
Kansas City, Missouri 64106-2641

This is the location of the PEPC. It's about 15 to 20 miles from the airport so we will have to use taxis or rentals more than likely. There are several hotels in the area so it won't be a problem finding a place to stay.

There is a Comfort Inn at 770 Admiral Blvd which is the closest hotel I could find to the address above.

How funny, I used to live in a loft about 2500 ft NW of there (Delaware & I-35). I called it "The Bat Cave". I had a bit of a bat infestation issue and I am deathly afraid of bats.

My two favorite hotels downtown... Hotel Philip and then there's the fail safe The Westin (you can get an awesome view of downtown).

Confirmed for Friday Nov 21st.

For you guys going to KC: there's a great "secret" parking lot right next to the FAA building downtown (I used to drug test controllers there)... bring a $5 bill and save yourself blocks of walking in a downtown area that's never out of construction status.

It's exactly two blocks west of the building, in an L-shape corner between two brick buildings if I recall right. You just drop a $5 in the slot for your spot and you can park there all day long!

I think we're planning a hellova celebration for the 21st people, eh? Us KC natives will take good care of ya'll :D

P.S., if anyone wants an early-morning pick-up, my Tacoma can hold 2 comfortably, 3 cramped, and up to 10 illegally.

there's a great "secret" parking lot right next to the FAA building downtown (I used to drug test controllers there)...

You just drop a $5 in the slot for your spot and you can park there all day long!

I don't think I like where this is going. :p LOL

I am so jealous... you all are lucky, ya'll are going to have a blast in KC... my PEPC sucked.

Still waiting...and it is too late to call for a day in KC. I'd hate to have to fly to LA when I live miles from the November PEPC. :(

Anybody thats done a pepc before know what time they usually start? I would guess 9, but I have no idea. Trying to plan things out. . .

I'm with you. I'm wondering if I have time to leave the night of the PEPC or if I'll have to wait until the next day.

I just got confirmed for Friday the 21st....going to ZNY.

We should do a JetCareers Dinner or something on Thursday night or late Friday after its over......

GREAT IDEA! Maybe as it gets closer someone can start a thread for those interested? A nice big shot of something disgusting should hold us over until OKC.

Anybody thats done a pepc before know what time they usually start? I would guess 9, but I have no idea. Trying to plan things out. . .

If they do it like the last PEPCs, they have start times incremental throughout the morning into early afternoon. They try to make sure they don't have too many people doing the same thing at once so you can get through quickly. They did a good job and shuffling you around, ie if two people were waiting to pee in a cup they'd shuffle you over to hearing to see if anyone was waiting and if not, sat you there.

I had the last start of 1pm and I flew in the evening before and took the last flight out the day of and I had plenty of time.

I thought I would share with you all some info about travel at the KC PEPC. If the 901 address is correct from the airport a cab ride is about $35. There is a shuttle based at the airport that services the downtown area. I don't know where it stops though or how long the ride is. It costs $16. I personally went to Kayak.com and just got a small rental car. I am not pitching that specific site but use the one you prefer and you might be able to get a deal. I got the car for two days for less than the price of the two way cab trip. Ok, I am starting to sound like a sales man.

Also, I don't have my flight planned yet, but it looks like I will be getting in around noon on the 16th. As the days get closer if anyone else is in around that time we might be able to car pool. If nothing else its too early to check in so we would have transportation for lunch or whatever. Just an idea to save us all some money. I keep an eye on here or PM me if you might be interested or have a better idea.

I'll be there on the 19th. I think I might just drive in the night before and crash at a hotel and then drive back after I am done.

I got DCA, my first choice.

GO MIZZOU!!

Back