Kansas City PEPC

Just called and my medical is cleared. The person I spoke with said something about it being done all the way back to November right after our PEPC and that someone must have been lagging on inputting the info. She said it was cleared and being sent to OKC right now.

It's a relief but I still feel the slightest bit of skepticism about it. I've emailed my HR rep for confirmation just in case.

Just called and mine cleared also. The person I spoke with said something about it being done all the way back to November right after our PEPC and that someone must have been lagging on inputting the info. She said it was cleared and being sent to OKC right now.

It's a relief but I still feel the slightest bit of skepticism about it. I've emailed my HR rep for confirmation just in case.

are u saying ur medical is cleared?

If this settles anyone's anxiety about their medical clearance status, I was sent home from the 11/18/08 PEPC in Kansas City with a form to get filled out by a board certified ophthalmologist (eye surgeon) back home. I didn't get the appointment in until 12/01/08 and had the forms both faxed and overnighted on 12/02/08. I received a letter via snail mail from the Central Region Flight Surgeon's Office dated 12/08/08 that said I had received medical under special consideration. I called this morning, on 12/16/08, to verify that I am completely medically cleared (vital signs, EKG, physical, hearing, vision, MMPI, drug test, etc).

Sooo... what I'm getting at is this - for anyone that was not sent home to do additional medical testing and was completely squared away medically at the PEPC, you all probably have processed medical clearances and just don't realize it.

Hope this settles some worries and makes the waiting game slightly easier.

Anyone know who was contracted out to administer the drug test at the PEPC? They did not get my signature on a form and said they would send me an affidavit in the mail within two weeks. Well...it is going on three and half...

EMSI
8821 Long Street
Lenexa, KS 66285

CLASS DATE FEBRUARY 23!! I could have accepted a date THIS MONTH but that was way too quick for me.

Looking forward to getting my official FOL sooner than later.

And for those of you who haven't had references or employers receive scantrons: today was the first time someone called to let me know they received one. So I guess that means we are tentatively cleared before any of those are processed.

Whoever posted the flight surgeon list thank you. I called and after they told me my medical had cleared I just emailed my rep and she called me within the hour after looking up my file to offer me a date.

Apparently they are expanding class sizes to accomodate more of us in the pool. So a lot of dates are available right now.

CLASS DATE FEBRUARY 23!! I could have accepted a date THIS MONTH but that was way too quick for me.

Looking forward to getting my official FOL sooner than later.

And for those of you who haven't had references or employers receive scantrons: today was the first time someone called to let me know they received one. So I guess that means we are tentatively cleared before any of those are processed.

Whoever posted the flight surgeon list thank you. I called and after they told me my medical had cleared I just emailed my rep and she called me within the hour after looking up my file to offer me a date.

Apparently they are expanding class sizes to accomodate more of us in the pool. So a lot of dates are available right now.

what facility are you going to?

Can anyone give me a number to contact medical and security, Im going to STL, so Im assuming I need the contact info for that region. I havent contacted anyone since my PEPC on Nov 17, I was trying to allow them time for their processing, but now that I hear someone has been cleared and received a class date Im thinking is time to start calling. Help me out

Email correspondence with my HR rep today:

HR Rep - "Great! Thanks...can you make a 6/8/2009 class?"
Me - "Yes I can! Let's get the ball rolling! Thanks for the good news!"

Holy cow! OKC dates!!
But how come PantherFlyer13 got a June date and the last couple of posts show someone getting a Feb date? If I have to wait till freaking JUNE for OKC to quit my damn job waitin' tables I'll stab some innocent bystanders. I was told late March for possible enroute OKC dates at the Nov 21 PEPCI and that was already a huge stretch. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh well, I suppose I'll have time to take "Private Pilot Theory" after all. Duh......................wuts.....an.....altimeter?:drool:

Recieved an email from my HR Rep this morning letting me know that my medical and security clearances are in and cleared and she just called me to confirm my OKC class date and let me know my FOL is on the way.
OKC Academy start date - February 23rd!

-Pubnat 2 - May 2, 2008
-AT-SAT - July 2, 2008
-Passed AT-SAT - Well Qualified - July 10, 2008
-Geo Prefs - CA, NV - En-route - August 4, 2008
-Chosen for interview - September, 22 2008
-Confirmed for Kansas City PEPC - October 14, 2008 (chosen for ZLA)
-KC PEPC, Nov. 20th, 2008 8am (TOL: ZLA) Passed
-Cleared Med/Sec and Recieved FOL for ZLA and class date for OKC FAA Academy for Feb. 23rd, 2009! - December 18, 2008

Holy cow! OKC dates!!
But how come PantherFlyer13 got a June date and the last couple of posts show someone getting a Feb date? If I have to wait till freaking JUNE for OKC to quit my damn job waitin' tables I'll stab some innocent bystanders. I was told late March for possible enroute OKC dates at the Nov 21 PEPCI and that was already a huge stretch. :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Oh well, I suppose I'll have time to take "Private Pilot Theory" after all. Duh......................wuts.....an.....altimeter?:drool:

I was wondering the exact same thing...:confused: But I'll take what I can get, pick me! :hiya:

Back