It's official: Virgin America to merge with Alaska Airlines

Woooooooooowwwwwwwwooooooooooooo!!!!!

Once that SLI is finished KDA time baby!!!!!!

Wooooooooooooooohhhhhooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wooooo!

KDA because the STICKA SEZ SO! WAAAAOOOoooooo, gettin' some cold cuts… gettin' some cold cuts…

How's that SLI going? :)
image.jpeg

WSJ now reporting "frenzied bidding" that ended with a $2.5B price tag.

"Alaska Air Group Inc. is expected to announce on Monday that it won the auction for Virgin America Inc., besting rival JetBlue Airways Corp. in a frenzied bidding process that culminated in a cash price of about $2.5 billion, according to people familiar with the matter."

http://www.wsj.com/articles/alaska-air-nears-virgin-america-deal-after-frenzied-bidding-1459716960

Hemmm...i ain't no business expert- but if Alaska buys them, they will nibble all the good stuff and send the rest to the graveyard, including the Airbus fleets.

Curious, are there any Alaska guys here? cheechako?

We're the last to know these things. We've gotten some non-answers from management and rightly so, FTC rules and all.

As far as my own opinion on the prospect... sure glad I upgraded this fall! What it looks like to me, just a line pilot, is an effort to gain market share and reduce competition. I think Alaska has a very competent leadership team and I'll back them until I see otherwise.

We're the last to know these things. We've gotten some non-answers from management and rightly so, FTC rules and all.

Eeeeyup.

Those that know, ain't talking.

Those that are talking, don't know.

Frustrating.

Back