Is Pinnacle really that bad?

Well, your sort of right.. however the starting pay and pay for the first 5 years at SWA, JB and AT are all similar to the regionals.. yea , you start in the $30's range and the top out is higher.. but not like it use to be in the old days at UAL/DL/NW/CO etc..

I think their top outs are in the 80's in 15 years.. not sure about SWA.. they would probably have the better of all of them, though I have not been updated on the new AT contract..

The point of my post, it to help young bucks out, like I have my sons, in making sure they have the "real" picture of the job.. I still enjoy my work, good thing cuz I would not want to start over now and would not..

I really think getting an A&P is the way to go, it pays pretty well even at your local FBO, and like a dispatch license is alway good, never expires, no medical required... and everyone in aviation need one...

I do not know about A&Ps paying well. (At least initially) they start out paying around $12 plus change/hour. Although pay will go up. But it takes time.

I do not know about A&Ps paying well. (At least initially) they start out paying around $12 plus change/hour. Although pay will go up. But it takes time.

Yep you got that right. It will take you a lot longer to get an A@P too as opposed to an ADX. Just like a dispatcher an A@P fresh out of school is not going to a major either. Plus if you are working line maint you will be working out in the elements as well. Difference is there is more opportunity as far as jobs as a mechanic vs dispatcher. But you can make good money after yrs of experience in both fields if you happen to get into the right company.

Pinnacle may say they want dispatchers but I and many of the American students in the current IFOD class have applied to Pinnacle but none heard back. I got a call from Colgan on Monday and Mesaba on Tuesday and they both said we will get back to you if we are interested. Those places have been communicating but Pinnacle has been very silent despite having 13 openings on their website and having a reputation for wanting dispatchers.

I know Republic/F9 may not be the popular airline because of the Midwest thing and the low pay but that is where I would like to be, if I had a choice. You cant be too picky in dispatching but RAH/F9 would be my choice due to location among other things. Indy is not as cold as MSP and not as violent at MEM. MEM is the CLE of the south. At least, thats how my relatives from CLE described MEM.

Back