International Student looking for seaplane ppl/cpl


Well-Known Member
Hi guys,

A friend of mine needs to get a seaplane endorsement.

He holds a foreign ppl/cpl/ir.

It is my understanding it would be better to get a ppl validation than to go thru with converting his cpl. My questions are:

1) based on an FAA ppl validation of a foreign ppl can he get a seaplane endorsement?
2) can you recommend any places offering M1/F1 visas for PPL - ASES? Another friend of mine did his seaplane rating thru traverse air, but it seems they dont offer visas for foreign nationals.

Thank you in advance.