Seaplane addon - international student

aa747

Hello,

Can someone please help me with this? I have a friend (international student) who is looking to get a seaplane ppl or cpl add on. He holds an ICAO cpl/ir and cfi (asel).

The main issue is finding a place that does seaplane training and offers M1/F1 visas. I havent come across any such place yet.

Thank you in advance.

Most places aren't going to offer a visa on training that will last 2-3 days. I'd check out Sheble Aviation down in AZ. Beware though, I've heard some not so good things about their operation.

An M1/F1 visa is only available for full time courses of study, which represents 18 hours per week or greater, and where the course of study is your primary reason for entering the US.

Since a seaplane add on is unlikely to be greater than 18 hours of study in total, you would be ineligible for an M1/F1 visa.

However, since you are not entering a full time course of study, a student visa is not actually required, provided it is not the primary reason for entering the US.

I know they do a bunch in SES ratings for international students at Twitchells in Maine.

Go somewhere that offers both visas for international students for something like a multi and seaplane training. Do the seaplane training first. Go home.

Back