PPL course and 100 hours TT within 2-3 months - feasible or not feasible?

MarNas

It may not be the right section so should it not be the right section I apologyze in advance.

Due to personal reasons, I may have to change all my plans and schedule for my flight training. In few words, perhaps I have the luck that my father can secure a nice job for me with a very good salary for a young men like me right after graduation at high school.In my honest opinion, it would be a remarkable point for me to finance part of my training and prevent may parents from getting into debts (even in very small debts) for me.

At this point, I want to try to explain what my plans at this moment. I will divide it into modules:

1. Obtain a FAA and JAA PPL and fly up to 100-120 hours during my holidays. Do it in Italy may take up to 4-6 months due to the bureaucracy. Examiners often don't want to come just for 1 or 2 students. I friend of mine had to wait 2 months for the examine, another one even 6 months...
  2. Study ATPL theory in DL besides working, as many other students do in Europe.
  3. CPL, ME IR after have all the money to finance my training.
I started this thread because of the bold front part.

I am looking for a school to obtain my FAA PPL and at least 100 hours of TT in 2-3 months. There are several outfits in Florida that state it is possible but they require to study the theory on my own.
Is it possible to attend a PPL course with ground school, obtain the licence in a month and then fly up to 100 hours TT within 5-6 weeks? And where? Texas, Arizona, California?

I need at least 100 hours TT because it will be easier to convert a FAA PPL to a JAA PPL. I will have to sit only Air Law exam and Human Performance and Limitation exam.
Less than 100 hours TT and I will ahve to sit 7 exams...

So,is it possible? I need a place where I can fly with no issue in summer, so I am gonna rule Florida out.

Thanks!

I have just noticed that I opened the same topic three times due to connection problems:ooh:

I'm sorry for that!:oops:

It's possible. You have to live and breathe flying, but it can be done. It's not that much different from the places saying you can do PP, IR, Comm, CFI, II, MEI in 6 months.

I traveled to Florida for my FAA PPL back in 2001. I did that in 28 days and got in 59hrs of flying in the process. That was pretty casual (as in it felt like a month of fun and vacation). Certainly your luck with weather or other issues could impact things one way or the another.

It can be done. I took a student from zero to hero in 15 days straight. Its a major burden for both student and instructor, but it is possible. All the ground was included in that. 4 hours of ground and 4 hours of flight per day. Not something i would like to do again though, as an instructor.

I'm gonna be honest here - it can't be done. When I started PPL I planned on doing the same thing and everybody told me "oh yeah it's possible if you're willing to fly every day". Well I was willing to fly every day and I did fly every day that the weather was good and I overshot my 2 month goal by about 10 months.

I'm gonna be honest here - it can't be done. When I started PPL I planned on doing the same thing and everybody told me "oh yeah it's possible if you're willing to fly every day". Well I was willing to fly every day and I did fly every day that the weather was good and I overshot my 2 month goal by about 10 months.

Not to be a dick, but just because you didnt do it, doesnt mean it isnt possible.

Sounds like you were not at the right location then in terms of either your instructor or aircraft availability.

Uhhh, just because you didn't do it, doesn't mean others can't...

I did my PPL in 4 weeks, from start to finish, did NOT have my written done prior to start though I had started studying the Gleim book for it. This was in Wisconsin, in mid-Oct to mid-Nov. I flew 4 days a week, every week. At least one day a week I was weathered out, so I used that day and the weekends to hit the books.

This was right after 9/11, so my instructor's time and airplane availability were wide-open, and my dad was the DOM at the school, so having an airplane in good working order was never an issue.

So yes, expedited training CAN be done.

I was flying up to 30 hours a month at my flying school in Arizona WHILE working full time. Several available planes, and the scheduling allowed me to put myself on the schedule, vs relying on a scheduling person to do it (European schools seem to have a scheduling person). It was in essence first come first serve and I put myself down for every free moment as soon as the schedule was available.

Definitely possible. I did my PPL in 41 hours in one month back in late fall of '99 in Colorado dealing with winter weather. IMO flying another 59 hours after that would not have been very difficult to do at all in 1-2 months if I had the cash which doesn't sound like a problem for you. Just head where the weather is good and full time instructors are available.

Back