Accelerated IFR for international student

TheRedOne

Hi all,

I'm a CFI myself, but currently residing in Europe.

On behalf of a client of mine I'm looking for a school or FBO with good reputation where he can get his IFR rating in 3 to maximum 4 weeks. He holds an FAA PPL (tt ~ 50) but hasn't been flying for the last seven years, he also needs the 50 hr of xc time. He is a really committed and smart student (he holds a Masters in mechanical engineering) and I have no doubt that he is able to finish the training in 3 to 4 weeks. He's already started the IFR studies and he's planning on taking his written test here in Europa (at Flight Safety International testing site) and I also gave him a few sim lessons (intercepting and tracking of radials, holdings, DME arcs). So he will be well prepared upon his arrival.

Any advice greatly appreciated!

Many thanks in advance!

Sonoran Wings in Tucson (KTUS) was a great school when I lived there, I still know some people who train there and they have nothing but praise for it. Tucson gives you the great flying/training conditions that phoenix has, but there aren't 1000 other students in the practice areas like you regularly see in Phoenix. PM if you have any questions, good luck.

Hi AZ Flyer,

thanks for the info, it's very much appreciated! I've just checked out the website and it looks quite interesting.

Back