I'll be the first, welcome to KSLC

Tokyo007

I\'ll be the first, welcome to KSLC

Got a good laugh out of your pictures
laugh.gif

How was the beer? Could you taste the difference?

Matthew

Re: I\'ll be the first, welcome to KSLC

I've always thought 3.2 got a bum rap. The "typical" - Bud, Miller,Coors etc. -American "strong" beer comes in at 3.4-3.5 on average. In other words, 11-12oz cans of "strong" beer equal the alcohol you'll get in 12-12oz cans of 3.2 beer.

The American Beer Institute did a study 20-odd years ago that showed that you actually got more alcohol in light 3.2 beer than you did in regular light beer. The light 3.2 was actually 3.2, whereas the so-called "strong" light beer averaged just under 3.1. Go figure. This has changed recently as brewers changed their methods of brewing light beers

I will grant you that 3.2 doesn't have the taste most regular beer does, but as far as alcohol goes, my bladder will wear out long before I notice the difference.

And of course nothing compares to the imports and premium - Michelob, Sam Adams, McTarnahan's etc.- American beers which tend to average about 4.5.

in some of the beers, yeah, you could taste the difference.. but in some like the poligamy porter, i kinda felt like i had a buzz... doug was telling me it was just my head working against me though and once i got up, started walking.. i wouldn't feel as though i drank anything! haha

Agree! The Polygamy Porter is pretty darn good. If you get the opportunity next time you're in town, try the Chasing Tail. Its lighter in color and flavor but really good.

tried that as well... nice flavor to that one, didn't do as much damage in giving a buzz though - oh well, SLC - to be expected! haha

I'm not much of a fan of 3-2. It tastes too much like barley soda!

Squatters has some beer that is over 5. I like that place alot I found it the very first day I moved here.

Back