Hurricane Hillary (CA, AZ, NV)

Strong winter storms regularly bring 2-3" in the low lands and 6+" to the hills. This will be an unusually strong rain event for the dry season but not unusually wet overall.

Fix

Last edited:
Strong winter storms regularly bring 2-3" in the low lands and 6+" to the hills. This will be an unusually strong rain event for the dry season but not unusually wet overall.

Fix

That was kind of my assessment of the situation too. We see these types of WX systems in AZ fairly often in the winter and life goes on. Just a little out of character for August

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Florida and Louisiana, “They think that’s a real hurricane.”
giphy-downsized.gif

I’d normally say it’s much ado about nothing and the MSM just trying to fill time and get people riled up, but the last time this happened (1939) it was pretty bad. I looked at the gas gage on my truck and it was at 1/2 full so I topped it off, storm prep completed.

Hah this reminds me of when I was living in Corpus Christi TX, after having lived most of my life in the PNW. I woke up to the radio alarm, and there was an emergency alert indicated we were under a hurricane warning. I had literally no idea. I guess I didn't really watch the news in those days, and had no clue there was a storm out in the gulf. My car had 1/2 tank remaining. Since then, I have always kept my car above 1/2 empty. Now it doesn't make as much sense, but of course, the big one is coming they say (not sure if an extra 1/2 tank of gas would help there).

Hah this reminds me of when I was living in Corpus Christi TX, after having lived most of my life in the PNW. I woke up to the radio alarm, and there was an emergency alert indicated we were under a hurricane warning. I had literally no idea. I guess I didn't really watch the news in those days, and had no clue there was a storm out in the gulf. My car had 1/2 tank remaining. Since then, I have always kept my car above 1/2 empty. Now it doesn't make as much sense, but of course, the big one is coming they say (not sure if an extra 1/2 tank of gas would help there).

Yeah but god could wash Corpus from the Earth and we’d collectively be able to cover the cost of rebuilding by passing a school levy.

9424d95b6e50a917212b30e6e40e33b6.jpg

The nicest bridge in Corups is a stretch of dirt under an overpass…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Celebs and athletes use them all the time, so it seems good enough for those with the means for private transport. Pilots who are local to the Bay Area love it a lot, easy flying usually in good wx and home most nights. Pay isn't great though, especially if you come in with no ATP.

Don't want to de-rail too much, but I've given them consideration in the past since I'm typed in the 145 now. It seems like they're doing fewer day trips than they used to, though.

I don’t see what the big deal is with Hillary. Democrat blue states like California should be used to their Dem politicians screwing them over. ;)

If you’re in a coastal area where homes are built to withstand cat 1 winds and raised well above any floodplains, it’s not bad.

But for CA it will be about rainfall, just as Harvey was for SE Texas—it was only a tropical storm when it did most of its damage.

That’s just it, CAT 1 isn’t bad - if the infrastructure is appropriate for it.

Went outside, hard to breath the air is so thick. How does most the country live in humidity like this?

This is from my backyard weather station.

IMG_0950.JPG

I can't believe a hurricane named Hillary wouldn't be aiming for Florida or Texas instead of California...

My world is getting turned upside down.
It's not Hillary, it's Hilary. The former SOS has claimed she was named after Edmund Hillary after he was the first to summit Everest, this is problematic because Edmund didn't summit until Hillary was almost a teenager.

Back