Great Lakes

What happened to india?

I was offered an interview here awhile ago but turned it down due to having to pay my own way. I wonder if they would still hire street captains with over twice their mins but without 121 time.

=Jason-

Still waiting, they said they'd have me do an interview with them, but they still haven't contacted me for the day, the plan was to send me a phone card (this is there plan, I would never have thought to make this up) and have me call them on the phone card and coordinate, I told them I could call them now, and just do it, and that the phone card wasn't necessary, but they insisted. Strange. Anyhow, that was 3 weeks ago, still no contact.

Is there any movement at GLA? With the industry the way it is, I would think that the Captains looking to move on don't have very many places to move on to. How long would a new hire expect to be on reserve if hired right now? Is upgrade still fairly quick?

GLA is a step up from my company unbelievably. The only thing stopping me from putting in my application is the zero pay during training. How someone survives for 2 months on $0 is beyond me.

New hires can usually grab a highspeed line within a couple months, but I would expect reserve for at least 3-4 months. The idea is to not stick around for too long, attrition has slowed but there is some (Allegiant and Southwest just picked a handful of CA's).
Changes are on the horizon as there is a movement to makes things a bit more livable.

$16 dollars an hour times we shall call it a 75 hour guarantee = $1200 a month before tax...

That would have sounded real great to me in middle school, but not as a college graduate.

Food stamps anyone?

New hires can usually grab a highspeed line within a couple months, but I would expect reserve for at least 3-4 months. The idea is to not stick around for too long, attrition has slowed but there is some (Allegiant and Southwest just picked a handful of CA's).
Changes are on the horizon as there is a movement to makes things a bit more livable.

Those guys going to SWA must have been swimming in the pool for a while.

I heard from a reliable source that the STL base is not really a base but they TDY the STL flying with DEN crews.

I heard from a reliable source that the STL base is not really a base but they TDY the STL flying with DEN crews.

Pretty much. All STL lines are TDY for MKE, STL is flown by DEN crews. There are lines that start in DEN that take you out to STL and you may be out there for a few days before actually making it back to DEN.

There are also TDY lines to ABQ bid from the DEN domicile. TDY is a nice way to help pad the paycheck as you have continuous per-diem for the month and provided a hotel for your off nights.

Word is that the STL "base" may close soon, bringing back those MKE TDY lines to the DEN bid package. There is still anticipation of a BIL base on the distant horizon.

Back