Got my PPL in 2012 now I'm..

machvista

I've been apart of this wonderful Jetcareers community for a while now. You guys have helped me beyond belief with me achieving my dreams of earning my PPL at the age of 18. Due to my color blindness (moderate red/green), my medical did not allow me to pursue my instrument rating. This really bummed me, and I tried getting alternate tests done, but I just grew a bit frustrated and decided to treat aviation as a hobby, and furthermore, decided to continue pursuing my other passion (software development).

I sidelined becoming a commercial pilot, and finished off college with a BS in Computer Science from an awesome state school in NJ. Before graduating college I knew I wanted to be in the aviation industry (while working on software), but not just any company since they're not all truly the same.

Here I am 5 years after my PPL, and I've been with my dream company with my dream role at Southwest Airlines. I am currently a Business Analyst in their Technology (product solutions/development) space and I'm living the absolute dream. I get to interact with code on a daily basis, but more importantly, I get to work with aviation & crew systems and theories on a daily basis. I'm incredibly blessed to have the best of both worlds for myself and I truly do love SWA even after 3 years.. and more many years to come I hope!

Hope you're all doing well! Stay safe, everyone!

iCIoT4i.jpg

Living in Dallas? We should have a JC get together one of these days

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Congrats!

Due to my color blindness (moderate red/green), my medical did not allow me to pursue my instrument rating. This really bummed me, and I tried getting alternate tests done

Do you think you could see a flashing green and a flashing red light from the tower in traffic pattern altitude? IIRC, that was the Medical Flight Test (MFT) several years ago to get a SODA (Statement of Demonstrated Ability) for a 1st class medical certificate.

Back