gojet airlines

Anyone here tell me alittle about them? Just curious.

Gojet is an airline that flys CRJ700s for STL based Trans States Holdings. In 2005, TSH along with Skywest, was awarded up to 25 CRJ7s to fly for UA. Trans States Airlines could not fly CRJ7s because they flew 50 seaters for American which prohibited their carriers from flying any airplane bigger than a 50 seater. So that is why they created the different certificate Gojet, but essentially it's the same owner and management as Trans States Airlines.

Now that's fine. The problem is that the negotiations went horribly wrong in securing the terms for this new flying such as pilot pay etc. TSA is considered a bottom feeder, so naturally the management was unwilling to give what was considered industry leading pay. There are all kinds of rumors and stories about this and no one knows and people like to put their own spin for this period. Bottom line the pilots were not given what they asked for and since negotiations were not going anywhere with the refusal of the company they formed a separe pilot seniority list in an effort to start staffing the airplanes. So basically the brought in street pilots for what was supposed to be TSA flying.

Fast forward now GJ is almost as big as TSA, they became union eventhough it's not an airline type union local, have basically a below industry standard contract in terms of work rules, they did get their pay up. The problem has been for TSA because basically GJ has hampered TSA negotiations of about 5 years now which started in 2006. GJ is used as a whipsaw and the company has focused more on it's future. As a result TSA has authorize a 96% strike and are very soon from being released by the NMB. One of the major things that TSA is asking for as well is a single list between GJ/TSA in an effort to stop the whipsaw which will be tough because TSA and Gojet pilots will have to come together. Kind of like Mesa/Freedom and the Republic certificates. Who knows what will happen but a strike seems like it will happen now because the company is unwilling to talk.

That is a quick recap of gojet and up to date issues.

Do you think it matters for a Dispatcher? How is he undercutting the pilot profession by accepting a class date there?

hmm...guess we should have looked at where the thread was...oops:yup:

Did Skywest call you yet Stickks? They are a much better company from what I hear.

yes...but....First off, I really like working for Mesa. I am hoping that I dont get layed off, but since I am on the low end of the totem pole, I dont think the outlook is good. No definate answers yet though. Second, I did get called for a interview with skywest, but the date was on a day I work, and they were unwilling to work around my schedule, and that to me, is a big turn off. Also, I wouldnt want to live in St George, UT.

they were unwilling to work around my schedule, and that to me, is a big turn off.

Unless you have some sort of medical issue that needs to be done, you wont find many businesses that are willing to change their schedule for one person. Especially when there are plenty of qualified people on the street that can be at the interview when they are asked. Also what kind of first impression do you give when you can't make the interview time they want?

Unless you have some sort of medical issue that needs to be done, you wont find many businesses that are willing to change their schedule for one person. Especially when there are plenty of qualified people on the street that can be at the interview when they are asked. Also what kind of first impression do you give when you can't make the interview time they want?

It's true that airlines can afford to pick and choose right now...but they should be willing to be SOMEWHAT flexible if a candidate is currently employed. They are losing the chance to hire someone who has experience dispatching because they were not able to shift an interview date. Doesn't give the applicant a good feeling, and interviews are a two-way street.

Also, I don't blame anyone for not wanting to live in SGU. Don't get me wrong, it's a very pretty area...but if I ever had worked there, I think I'd be commuting in from Nevada every day (Mesquite is 35 miles away) or something along those lines.

yes...but....First off, I really like working for Mesa. I am hoping that I dont get layed off, but since I am on the low end of the totem pole, I dont think the outlook is good. No definate answers yet though. Second, I did get called for a interview with skywest, but the date was on a day I work, and they were unwilling to work around my schedule, and that to me, is a big turn off. Also, I wouldnt want to live in St George, UT.

That's messed up

obviously, your not reading here. I HAVE TO WORK. I am unwilling to lose a days pay to fly somewhere. Wake up. They have the ability to interview me at anytime, but chose not to. Fine. I wouldnt live in ST George UT anyways. I am happy where im at.

obviously, your not reading here. I HAVE TO WORK. I am unwilling to lose a days pay to fly somewhere. Wake up. They have the ability to interview me at anytime, but chose not to. Fine. I wouldnt live in ST George UT anyways. I am happy where im at.

That's coming off kind of rude stickks. In the mind of an interviewer, you demonstrate your level of commitment to the job when you're saying "I'd like to be employed here but I won't take a single day away from I place I'm ultimately not going to be employed at to sit down and interview with you". In your opinion, how should an interviewer who will hire roughly 3% of the total applicant pool act? And, if you don't want to live in SGU, why apply anyway? SKW is a decent place to be in with right now. You wake up.

I have never had a job interviewer tell me that I have only one day to interview, take it or leave it. Normally they give you several options over a week or two. It also depends on how much prior notice Skywest gave him. Was it on Monday that they said "Be here Thursday at 7am" or was it like three weeks in advance? The more time available to shift a schedule around has less probability of that day becoming a scheduling conflict. An interview is a two way street... the potential employee is interviewing the potential employer just as much as it is the other way around.

That's coming off kind of rude stickks. In the mind of an interviewer, you demonstrate your level of commitment to the job when you're saying "I'd like to be employed here but I won't take a single day away from I place I'm ultimately not going to be employed at to sit down and interview with you". In your opinion, how should an interviewer who will hire roughly 3% of the total applicant pool act? And, if you don't want to live in SGU, why apply anyway? SKW is a decent place to be in with right now. You wake up.

Actually, I think what Stickks said was, "I might like to be employed here, but there is no certainty I will be hired, so I don't think it's a good idea to take an unpaid day off of work (or perhaps waste a sick day) to go when I should be able go on a day off." Sounds fairly reasonable to me. Maybe the guy can't afford to take a day off? Maybe his employer doesn't give personal days so employees can go interview somewhere else? Imagine that. And since you asked about how they should act, they should act with a wee bit of understanding that people have careers, families, commitments, etc.

Actually, I think what Stickks said was, "I might like to be employed here, but there is no certainty I will be hired, so I don't think it's a good idea to take an unpaid day off of work (or perhaps waste a sick day) to go when I should be able go on a day off." Sounds fairly reasonable to me. Maybe the guy can't afford to take a day off? Maybe his employer doesn't give personal days so employees can go interview somewhere else? Imagine that. And since you asked about how they should act, they should act with a wee bit of understanding that people have careers, families, commitments, etc.

That's alright. We all have careers, families, and commitments of our own-and some people will try and accomodate that and some just plain won't. Maybe they could have give him alternative days, if any were available. We don't know - but I personally would not let whatever percentage of the 150 applicants that did get interviews dictate an interview schedule. Maybe they were looking for him to use some problem solving skills and address the issue - why not swap shifts and work on a day off? No pay lost, interviews run on schedule, and the more qualified person gets considered. The entire point is moot because the guys said he is unwilling to live in SGU anyways, and that's obviously quite a rough commute.
Personally, if I were looking at a furlough in 20 weeks, I would secure employment at a solid place that I actually wanted to be at. In this instance, that doesn't appear to be the case and that's fine. I hope he can find something that works out well for him.

I'm just speculating, but Skywest does a lot of group interviews and that could be why they were not flexible with his schedule.

Back