Getting ready for the practical

pilotmike327

Hey guys. I'm at that point where I'm feeling good about taking the practical. I wanted to to see if anyone here has recently taken it and has some insight into specific sections of the test. For example, If I don't know a certain FAR, can I be allowed to look it up? What questions did you get about Aircraft Systems? I'm trying to create a master study guide so I can have the necessary info ready to go.

I could look up FAR's in my practical and tabbed most of the big ones in Subpart T in 121 for quick access. Really depends on the examiner and how you fare. I did not get asked a single question about aircraft systems for the 737-800 IFOD uses, but spent the majority of it going over weather, charts, app plates and situation responses...GL!

jose1337 said:
I could look up FAR's in my practical and tabbed most of the big ones in Subpart T in 121 for quick access. Really depends on the examiner and how you fare. I did not get asked a single question about aircraft systems for the 737-800 IFOD uses, but spent the majority of it going over weather, charts, app plates and situation responses...GL!

Lucky you Jose...I had to explain the electrical and hydraulic systems. Not my forte!

Another in my class spent over 2 hours on that stuff, so be prepared for the worse, especially since there is no time limit on it!

Lucky you Jose...I had to explain the electrical and hydraulic systems. Not my forte!

Hahaha, I got stuck with those two as well with Ron Morris. I was sweating it and BSing my way through it guess it worked but barely. I remember Ron not buying some of my BS and quizzing me further.

could look up FAR's in my practical and tabbed most of the big ones in Subpart T in 121 for quick access. Really depends on the examiner and how you fare. I did not get asked a single question about aircraft systems for the 737-800 IFOD uses, but spent the majority of it going over weather, charts, app plates and situation responses...GL!
I would recommend mainly focusing on Subpart U. That is in regards to dispatching and Flight release rules. SubPart T deals with Flight Ops.

Back